“Superb bar food”

Orchard Inn Letterkenny
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, European
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A perfect mix of 2 cosy bars and a contemporary restaurant. At The Orchard bar & Lounge we are obsessed with quality from the freshest produce and the friendliest staff which is why so many of our customers return again and again.The Orchard bar & Lounge hosts special events, from gourmet dining to party bookings our cookery is a master class to rival none. Throughout the year the Orchard bar & Lounge’s menus celebrate the seasons and champion the very best of local produce, whilst special offers make a meal even more tantalizing. Our latest edition to Orchard bar & Lounge complex is a brand new state of the art Function room.
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Superb bar food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating in the brewery since I was a student and love the place. The pasta and vodka dish is very nice or the classics like pepper beef in a basket can't be beaten after a few pints. You won't be disappointed I promise.

• Polish first
“Staff let down”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I've written a review here before and have had nothing but praise for the place but recently I almost walked out with anger until a lovely gentleman working the day shift came to our rescue. It was two weeks ago it was a sat I remember as I had a bus to catch at 3:20 which I nearly missed. Walked in around 2 o clock with my wife noticed it wasn't overly busy with a couple of tables in there so thought perfect I'll get fed here in good time and catch my bus, I walked past one of the waitress (dyed hair) so she could see I was coming and maybe take note I was eating as we sat at a table for two , I wasn't greeted with the warm friendly orchard style but I didn't really take it to heart lol. Anyway we waited and we waited and nothing then I saw there was another waitress or bar lady with dyed hair too and I'm sure she saw me but didn't acknowledge that I was there or even alert the other waitress who had already seen me walk in the first place. Anyway wife walked up to the bar to grab a menu but didn't see any and came back to table now the two dyed hair lady's def saw her and still didn't come to the table. It was then I decided enough was enough and I'd prob grab a sandwich at mace and bring it on the bus until a grey haired lad just popped his head through the gap between the bar and lounge and scanned the vicinity he immediately saw that we had no menus and prob looking a bit annoyed , with that he shouted over how are yis folks and I'll get you some menus I ordered a roast and it was ready within mins and was really really tasty the veg and gravy was fantastic too. It's just a pity that it left me running behind time and a little angry I think I was more angry that I know how good the place is and it was being let down. Honestly it wasn't that busy I remember seeing a neighbour at a table with a few wrk colleagues and one other couple.

2 Thank Paddy B
Donegal
“Above average pub grub”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This place has earned a reputation locally as being a great place to eat, so we gave it a try.
The food is way above average for pub grub, good sized portions, served piping hot and tasting superb. Had a lovely steak served with a great pint of beer and my wife had a chicken dish that she thoroughly enjoyed.
We both can see why the Orchard has earned it's good reputation and deservedly so.
Recommended place for good food and nice surroundings.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“amazing”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

what a meal we had three of us had the roast beef and one had chicken stir fry and we all enjoyed it very much and cant wait to have another meal in the orchard, staff were lovely and nothing was a bother to them even though the restaurant was busy well done the orchard

• Visited September 2013
Letterkenny, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My visit to the Orchard on Sunday”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was below average and the portion was tiny.When I mentioned this to staff I was treated with contempt by the manager and told of his experience in Letterkenny.What about the customer knowledge about food?.

• Visited September 2013