“Wonder India Food”

Chilli Shaker
Ranked #23 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mullingar, Ireland
“Wonder India Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

A great india restaurant. Everything was perfect. Starters of Veg Samosa, followed by lamb balti, and some house wine. while I had a champ potatoe followed by Chicken Tiikka Masala

Visited July 2012
1 Thank quantum_11

Byron Bay, Australia
“Good value and a nice meal (vegetarian friendly)”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The chilli shaker looks nice and the staff are polite. They had a good early bird special on if you dine before 7 on weekdays. We choose to order from the menu and it was still pretty good value. We both had starters, mains, a couple of drinks and a naan bread for a little over 50 euro.

I had the onion bhajee and while it was nice it was a little bland and would have been a lot nicer with some sort of dipping sauce along with it. My husband had the chicken chat and loved it.

The vegetarian selections come as either a side or a main so I was happy I could have two sides for the same price as one main giving me more variety. The portion sizes were generous too for sides. My mains were nice but the vegetables in my vegetable korma were over cooked, but they may be catering to the Irish tastes and had done that on purpose? I was also a little disappointed that my mater panir didn't appear to have much panir in it, it was tasty enough though. My husband had chicken tikka masala for his main and was happy with that.

Our garlic naan was also lovely and the house wine was quite nice too. We were not too keen on the dessert selections (mostly cheesecake or ice cream) but couldn't really fit it in anyway as the portion sizes for our meals were generous enough.

Overall it was good value with both of us having starters, mains, drinks and the naan bread for a little over 50 euro.

• Visited July 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great food all round but the tandoori pawn dish is amazing..

“A little taste of heaven”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have eaten in Chilli Shaker many times and always meant to post a review but never got round to it ! I ate there last night and I have to say it was fantastic .. The restaurant/ decor is really lovely, the staff are excellent and the good is to die for ... I'm a huge fan of Indian food and this is as good as it gets .. I'm so lucky this great restaurant is on my doorstep :)

maestrodimente
“Gorgeous food; but make sure to retrieve your change!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I visited this establishment just a few days ago with my mother and sister. First impressions were less than stellar; the building is situated within an office/apartment block, and has all the the outward character of a car park. The voile curtains in the window betray the fact that inside there is a very busy and popular eaterie.
The menu choice is pretty extensive, and easily a match for anything in quality and quantity for anything you might have encountered in the Indian restaurant mecca that is the city of Glasgow, or even Birmingham. Staff were attentive and friendly, a welcome mixture of indigenous Irish waiting staff and the expert Indian serving staff and chefs. We were never harrassed for our views on food, or nagged for drinks; the staff remained nearby and simply attended when called, which was terrific. The food was divine, and I was so impressed that upon leaving, I ordered some take-out food to take home to my nephews!
The only negative comment I have to make about this establishment concerns the level of communication between some of the waiting staff. I had paid my bill (82 Euro), and was awaiting the change from the 100 Euro i had provided in notes. Handing the money to a member of staff who had not served our table, but whom had presented our bill, I waited patiently on the change. It never arrived. As a courtesy, dependent upon the service level encountered, I would normally tip 10% of a bill; as the waiter who took the money had decided to award himself an almost 25% tip, I am left not only disappointed but angered by his sheer rudeness. Only the insistence of my elderly mother, asking that I not trouble her with a challenge to the staff, persuaded me to let this incident slide. That I had also paid another 40 Euro for take away food only compounded my annoyance.
Despite the brilliance of this restaurant, I'm utterly appalled that a member of its staff would presume to award himself such a large tip, without firstly checking with the customer as to the acceptability of this. The experience has soured my opinion of this restaurant, and needless to say, I shall not be returning in future. A shame really; the food deserves a 4 star rating, but the lack of good manners amongst certain of its staff are worthy of the profoundest contempt.

• Visited June 2012