“Absolutely Fab”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I booked a 5 day break with Caledonian Travel for my mum and I, to stay at the Mount Errigal we arrived on the 22 November and were greeted by a friendly reception from the staff. Our room a double, with 2 double beds was immaculate it had tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer, iron and board. Bathroom was also lovely. The food in the Restaurant was first class with plenty of choice to suit everyone. The waiting staff could not be any nicer, always came back to ask how we enjoyed the meal, nothing was too much trouble for them. Evening entertainment at night was also fab. I will be booking again for May with friends and shall be recommending Mount Errigal to colleagues at work. Also our coach driver Peter was excellent always good humoured. We enjoyed the excursions and Letterkenny was lovely. Looking fwd to May. Hope you all have a nice Christmas and New Year.

Julie Adams

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank julester077
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2010

Thank you very much for your lovely review of your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your time in Letterkenny and you were impressed by our food, service & cleanliness. We often get numerous repeat guests from Scotland, so we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Thank you also for your kind wishes and I hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas also.

Carolynne

Write a ReviewReviews (2,340)

Reviewed November 25, 2010

After a long day travelling, the spa is the best cure! There's a lot of machines in the gym, and we didn't wait for any of them, and use everyone!

The room was nice and huge, with tea, cofee, kettle, hair dryer, iron machine, TV...and some turism books to plan our trip for the next day.

Breakfast buffet was amazing! pay for it!

The dinner in the bistro was really good (quality and quantity) , with some live music and not really priccey.

we paid our room one week before our arrival and was cheaper! so if you are sure of going there, do it!! :D

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed November 23, 2010

at first glance everything looked fine,when we went to our room the ceiling lights never worked,not to worry i thought to my self .when i went to the bathroom i noticed it was covered in long black hair with the exception of a few short curly ones ,i phoned reception and they were very nice and said they would get someone up imeadeatly,it never happened.an hour later as i walked pased reception i noticed a new lady working and i told her ,fair enough she offered to move us but with the kids already settled in beds picked etc i told her a quick clean would be fine .[never happened] when i went to shower for dinner that evening the water was stone cold ,i couldnt be bothered complaining any more at that stage.dinner was very good and good value,and the kids loved the swimming ,also my ceiling in the hotel room had a big hole in it and my wife found hairs in the beds which came from the big blanket cover which was on top of the sheets which were clean.i think i will give this hotel a miss for a while,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2010

Dear Danny

Firstly I would like to apologise as regards the issues you encountered. Having checked with staff and our records I know that you did make a brief complaint as regards a hair in your bathroom and that we immediately sent someone up to check the room.
I'm very sorry that there was a hair in your room, our housekeeper did admit that she found one on the bathroom floor but that was the only one she could see and once she removed it you were happy with your room.
I'm also sorry that you found the water to be cold - this is not a common complaint (we've never had a complaint about water temperature) and had you rang us we would have dealt with it immediately. We often find that some people just aren't sure of how to operate the controls - so I apologise because I assume this was the issue in your case.

I'm delighted you enjoyed our value for money, food & leisure facilities. I do hope you give us another chance in the future, it would be a great pity to lose you as a customer over issues that are extremely unlikely to affect your stay in the future because I can assure you that it will not happen again.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Large but very cosy comfortable hotel. So impressed by the natural friendliness of the staff. The bedroom was spacious and beautifully clean. The evening meals were excellent both in the restaurant and the bar and the selection of breakfasts was particularly good. There was an Irish dancing competion ongoing during our stay and the hotel was packed with residents and visitors. The staff deserve credit for their competence and efficiency during this very hectic period - nothing was too much trouble. Sadly I didn't have time to avail myself of the leisure facilities but look forward to using them on my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Thank you very much for your review of the Mount Errigal Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our friendly staff (we are very lucky to have such a good team), clean, spacious bedrooms and overall efficiency & competence in hospitality.

Being such a well established & large hotel we have great experience in hosting prestigious events, however, all credit goes to our team on the front line whose main focus is always customer care.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We had a wonderful few days staying at The Mount Errigal in Letterkenny.
The food, comfort,and service was undeniably 100% . Definately would recommend this hotel to all.
marie and family
from Belfast

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Dear Marie

Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your break with us and thank you for your kind comments on our food, ambience & service.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

we booked the family package deal, staying 5 nights. on arrival after a 5 hour drive the receptionist barely raised her head to greet us. 1st night we ate in the bar, the food was lovely, 2nd 3rd & 5th nights night we booked the strawberry restaurant . when we arrived for our meal each night there was always a problem, over booked, names not written down, oh your on the package. staff extremely unfriendly, no effort made to communicate with us. food in the restaurant was very hit and miss great one evening barely edible the next (same dishes) even the presentation varied. we won't be back, we were very disappointed with our 1st holiday in ireland in years. greater effort required.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank silenibroin

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Firstly I would like to apologise profusely as regards some of the issues you encountered during your stay.

I'm very disappointed that our receptionist did not welcome you following your lengthy journey, this is something we take very seriously at the Mount Errigal - its also something that does not often happen, we are often commended for our friendly staff.
I'm also very sorry as regards the issues you encountered in our restaurant, from your comments I assume you stayed during a very busy period, however, inconsistency and lack of organisation is not acceptable and I can assure you that these issues will be dealt with.

I sincerely wish you had brought your complaint to us during your stay, it's very difficult to deal with complaints when we have no record of it and no opportunity to rectify the situation with yourself. It’s not often that we do get complaints, however when we do, we deal with it professionally and with great care to ensure we retain our repeat guests.

I hope you do give us another chance in the future

Carolynne.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am a Coach Tour Driver and have brought many happy guests to the hotel from various parts of the U K. All who visit are delighted with the hearty Cead Mile Failte they recieve.
Public areas are spotless and welcoming, guest rooms are clean and comfortable.
The Buffet Breakfast and Evening Meals are always of a very high standard and plenty of seating in the dining room which can easily seat 2 coach parties plus other guests staying at the hotel. The Leisure Centre is excellent and many of my coach party enjoy an early morning swim before breakfast. There is an abundance of safe parking spaces and this is very helpful for coach drivers
Brendan Mulvey. Shearings Holidays

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Brendan

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay on Tripadvisor. Your kind comments mean alot to us, expecially because you have experienced hundreds of Hotels across Ireland being an experienced coach driver!
Our team will be delighted by your comments on our cleanliness, ambience, bedrooms, breakfast, dinner & parking.