“Good hotel, but rooms need updated.”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, but rooms need updated.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

the staff in the bar were great. reception staff also very helpful. leisure centre was getting work done when i stayed. the smell of the adhesive they were using was very strong thoughout the hotel. my room was close to the leisure centre so this may not have effected all rooms. did give you a bit of a sore head, but nothing more than that.

the room 502 that i stayed in was a bit worn and dated for a four star hotel. the shower dribbled out water which is not what you want. but apart from that the hotel is fine and i will give this place another chance to prove me wrong.

food in the bar is top notch and the staff there are friendly and i enjoyed a chat with all of them.
breakfast next day was great and have no complaints at all on this front.

Room Tip: 5th floor even number rooms have a very poor view of the roof of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. I would ike to apologise for the smell you experienced whilst we were having a new floor put down in our leisure centre - you will be happy to know that all that work is now completed and the lesiure centre is looking fantastic!

I'm flattered that you assumed we were a 4 star hotel, we are in fact a high end family run 3 star. It's not often guests would have the opinion that the rooms on the 5th floor need updated, these rooms have been updated quite recently, we chose to keep the decor traditional so I am sorry if it was not to your particular taste.

I sincerely hope you do give us a second chance in the future, I'm confident you will be impressed. We have various other types of rooms so please do not hesitate in requesting a look at the options on your next stay.

Carolynne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On arrival we were impressed with the size of the lobby and bar, there's lots of spacious, comfortable seating areas. Nice area to relax. Staff were all very welcoming and friendly. Dinner was average. We ate in the bar and the hotel was packed but the food was only average, my chicken sate salad was lacking taste and another in the group thought the fish and chips was very poor. Room was average, bit dated with a small bathroom. Hotel was very noisy throughout the night and morning. Could hear guest snoring in next room and there was noise up and down the corridor all night and next morning. Hotel was full though so it's obviously a popular spot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ZittaN
Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay. I'm sorry you were not impressed with the Chicken Satay Salad, I will certainly address this with the Chef because it's actually one of my favourite dishes and I'd hate to think I've been recommending a dish that's not living up to its name!
I will also look into the issues you raised with noise. I'm glad you appreciated how busy we were during your stay, we are indeed a popular spot with excellent repeat business, so in order to maintain this & our high standards, I will address each of your issues with the appropriate departments to ensure they do not happen again.

I hope you will join us again, I'm confident your next stay will be comfortable and enjoyable.

Lurgan, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

thanks to joleene for helping us have the perfect weekend for our party of 12 at mount errigal..
Great deal we had and the two course meal with wine was perfect.. served quickly, great waitresses..nothing was any bother... it is a beautiful grand hotel. .. the laid back atmosphere, and hospitality gives everything for a relaxing weekend.. we had people in our party aged 5 to 80 and had great craic friday nite in the foyer where we were serenaded with galway band on route to scor in derry.everyone is made very welcom... all the staff from the reception ,,bar staff ,, waitresses and leisure centre (which was spotless and warm) were friendly and helpful.. Rooms were comfortable with all the little extras..had a ball.. thanks x

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time out to review your recent stay with us! Joleene will be delighted by your comments as will our entire team!
We pride ourselves in giving all our guests a genuine 'Donegal Welcome' and we are happy that you were impressed.

Maybe we will see you for the Scor Seniors in April! If so we look forward to welcoming you back.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hi all - well ok we stayed here for one night in Feb 2013 - we booked on trivago - maybe thats why we got allocated the room we did!! Went to book in at 2.30pm - checking in is not to 3pm so our room wasnt ready which is fair enough i guess. Went into town for awhile an came back around 6.30pm an were given room 101 - if your given this room at the desk ask for a different room!! went down to the room - shocked to see the size of the 'double' bed - so headed back to reception to ask to move rooms - met what i presume was the manageress in the corridor whom was very pleasant ad went off to check for other rooms. Reception calls our room to tell me that they are fuly booked but that there is one other room but bed is the same size. The bed was a SMALL double - really just a glorified single however the receptionist was very insistent in telling me that this is the Standard double bed you will get in any hotel - she told me this a few times to make sure i understood! I've never stayed in a hotel double room with such a small double bed in my life anyway I said that it was fine we would be ok. The manageress then came down an apologised that we werent happy and took us too look at the other room which we moved too as in the 101 room you can hear the toilet flushing in the room above you - not nice! The manageress was very nice - not her fault the hotel isnt investing in buying actual double beds for the rooms. The room we moved to was not up to the standard of the Luxury accommodation that the hotel likes to advertise themselves as i can only presume that if you book an executive room or a suite you will get a decent modern room. The bathroom was old and dated and needed a total revamp. Breakfast in the morning was good - not a whole lot of choice other than the hot food - no croissants or scones. There wasn't a great selection of fresh fruit either - however the fry was acceptable. I know the hotel was very busy but there seemed to be little organisation no one to greet us when we went in for breakfast - a member of staff just pointed to the self service area - to be honest we could have walked in off the street and they would have been none the wiser! we had to seek a member of staff to give them our room number before we left the dining room. Overall i would not be rushing back here - to be honest it would be a last resort especially as ive read some of the responses on here given from the hotel to other reviewers who were not happy. Definitely not taking the approach of the customer is number one!! Whilst writing im wondering what type of back lash i will get for not commending the hotel - and yes i am very aware I booked through a booking site and got a good rate - regardless of what I pay I still expect decent size bed with a little more modernisation given the current climate we all want to pay less and get more - those are the times that are in it!! Hotel reception area, lobby and bar are all beautiful but the standard rooms leave alot to be desired - We paid 69 euro for the 2 of us B&B even at that cheap rate the room wasnt worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry that you were not happy with the size of the double beds in our standard rooms, I am delighted Johanne our General Manager looked after you and assisted in getting you another room even though we were fully booked.
I appreciate your feedback and I will of course take on board your comments and look at improving. We welcome full & frank reviews, it is the only way in which we can see things from our customers point of view, however, sometimes it is frustrating when you get reviews from guests who do not raise concerns directly with us, or when we get reviews that seem suspicious - I assume that you are referring to my responses to those reviews.

I apologise that you could not get scones or croissants at breakfast, this is provided daily and I can only assume that they where not replenished as they should have been. We are a very busy hotel and we do recommend coming down a little earlier for breakfast because the last half hour can be hectic!

Our executive bedrooms have king sized beds and our standard rooms have standard double. Please feel free to request an executive the next time and we will try our very best to look after you.

We hope you will give us a second chance, I'm confident you will be impressed.

Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good hotel. Only annoying thing was fire alarm went off at 3. Otherwise pretty good but could not sleep, room was very warm. Great location and while staying there, was a big festival. Good bar and seating arrangements, lovely fire. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay. I'm sorry you found your room too warm during your stay, I suppose we should have explained that the heat can be adjusted in your room. I'm delighted you were happy with your stay and that you will join us again, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Thank you to Orla and the team at the Mount Errigal Hotel for our lovely stay early February for a well deserved break with my Fiancee.We had a fab time and enjoyed the Leisure centre Friday night after our Cupcakes....
Great deal and we had our 2 course meal in the Bar which was super on the Saturday night with the vino, and the Bar Music Saturday night was so enjoyable, suited all age groups.
We will recommend you near and Far and hope to be back sometime in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thanks a million for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed the break!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

N Ireland
Reviewed February 17, 2013

There were 6 of us that stayed here over the weekend for Valentines and a great stay was had by all.
Check in was prompt by lovely friendly staff, the bedrooms are very clean, spacious and very comfortable.

We ate in the hotel Friday & Saturday night, both meals were beautiful, the staff in the bar & restaurant are all very helpful, they couldn’t do enough for you.

The hotel was extremely busy on Saturday due to the Smokie concert; however reception rang us prior to our stay to let us know that the restaurant was quite busy and asked if we would like to book a table, I thought this was very professional and courteous.

Breakfast on both mornings was fantastic, considering how busy the hotel was on the Sunday morning you would never have known when it came to service as it was again remarkable!

All in all a great friendly hotel with super staff which I will be highly recommending to all and will definitely be returning to in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out to review your stay with us over Valentines! We are delighted that you were impressed & glad you enjoyed our busy, vibrant atmosphere!

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Carolynne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Clanree Hotel
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Mulroy Woods Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford

Been to Mount Errigal Hotel? Share your experiences!