“excellent hotel”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed February 10, 2013

lovely hotel and beautiful food. very friendly and helpful staff. fifty of us stayed there and not one person had a bad word to say about the hotel. i would highly recommend this hotel if travelling to Letterkenny.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review, it makes all our efforts worthwhile! We look forward to seeing you again

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed with my husband on Sat 2nd Feb in one of the suites. It was excellent the friendlyness of the staff was great the food was excellent and the room was superb. Thanks all at th Mount Errigal for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The suites are great
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris06omagh

Thank you for your glowing review! I'm delighted you were impressed with our Master Suite!

We hope to see you again soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed 18th Jan and attended Brendan Grace Concert. Arrived 6pm, it was a very cold night and snowing quite heavy. It was nice to see big open fire in reception. Bedroom was cold on arrival but as soon as we told reception they had someone look at it within few minutes. After returning from concert the room was so warm and cosy. Room very nice, clean and comfortable with plenty of space. Breakfast was very tasty, good variety and well presented. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks a Million for your positive review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Donegal again soon! Keep an eye on our website for more excellent events throughout the year.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I, along with two friends stayed the weekend of 25--27 Jan. The friendliness of the staff and the service provided was excellent. The meals were to die for. Rooms were comfortable and accessible. The hotel was emtremely busy that weekend, but the service was superb. We will certainly revisit in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here on Monday 5th Feb as had business in Letterkenny following day.
I really checked out all the hotels on internet & this one appeared to be ok.
It was just awful. Although the bathroom was clean the tiles & general look of the place would not entice anyone to have a bath/shower. The room was really dismal with carpet & furnishings which would not be out of place in a hostal in a third world country.
I went out for a meal & returned to find no parking as there was a quiz on.I spoke to the manargeress who could not have cared less about me or my lack of parking.
Breakfast was the worst ever... bacon looked like it has been boiled, horrible toast. awful pot tea, really dismal dining area.This place needs to be closed down asap. I cannot believe people book their weddings here as this is bargain basement stuff.
This was a truely awful experience & this place should not be calling itself a hotel. This is akin to a bad hostel. Letterkenny seems to be devoid of decent places to stay.
Maybe somebody knows a better place in town.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Geraldine S
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

I am very shocked to read your very harsh & hurtful review. The only interaction our Manager had with you was when you abruptly 'tapped' her on the shoulder to complain that you could not get parked. Our Manager was very polite to you. At no point during your 3 night stay did you raise any concerns whatsoever and you had ample opportunity.
If you felt so disappointed, I can't understand why you happily stayed for 3 nights in total and on check out you were asked if you had a nice stay and you must have agreed otherwise I would have been informed.
Your statement on our Wedding's is totally inappropriate and off topic - you have no right to form an opinion or judge something if you have never experienced it yourself.
I'm also pretty confident that you have never been to a 3rd world country if you assume that our furnishings and facilities would be similar, I can assure you that your statement could not be further from the truth, I'd also like to highlight that its quite unnecessary and inconsiderate of you to compare your 3 night, 3 star hotel break with such a deprived and unfortunate part of the world.
We welcome both good & not so good feedback, and from the majority of recent reviews on this site, we are often commended for our standards and value. There is no need for some of your nasty comments. We are a successful family run hotel who employ over 60 staff - reviews like yours are not constructive to our local economy or our tourism industry.
Your statement ‘this place needs to be closed down’ is totally off the wall and unfounded. We are regularly inspected by Failte Ireland and other governing bodies to retain our star status.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

When we arrived there were two big fires burning in the foyer and bar -really Cosy Receptionist very helpful. Rooms great size. We booked twin room and got two double beds! Nice bathroom. Flat screen tv. Didn't try pool. Ten mins walk into town. Breakfast not very well displayed but tasty. Meal in restaurant fab. Big portions. I couldn't finish mine. Music in bar weekends. Really nice atmosphere although there was a lot of people stayin that night. I most certainly would stay here if I came to letterkenny again and I would recommend to friends. We went on a two night b and b with one dinner deal. Special thanks to manager Joanne who looked after us well

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in the Mount Errigal Hotel on December 21, 2012 with my wife Nell and was absolutely amazed at the huge improvements made by the management there.
I also found it inspiring that there were so many people in the hotel at that particular time but i think it was because the 'Chevies' were playing and what a superb experience that turned out to be. Not only was the lead-singer, MICK' a very witty guy but the music and songs they played and sang were first class.too.
While many other hotels are feeling the pinch of these lean times - the Mount Errigal is going from strength to Strength.
The staff are dutiful, pleasant, courteous and above all, deliberately went out of their way to make out experience so blissfully enjoyable.
I would recommend the Mount Errigal Hotel without hesitation and I will return there very soon or indeed even sooner!!!!!

Room Tip: Always ask for a 'room with a view' the receptionist will be most helpful with ANY of your r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple