“Wedding”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Newtownstewart, United Kingdom
“Wedding”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had our wedding reception here I can honestly say I couldn't fault anything. The staff were very helpful in the run up to the wedding and were brilliant on the day itself.. All our guests had only great things to say, food was beautiful and hot when served and loads of extras were offered. They prepared our function room beautifully and lovely and warm, bedrooms also very comfortable. Staff are so friendly and willing to help with anything (even pinning up my dress!!) nothing seemed a bother. Would highly recommend if anyone is looking for a stress free day. I will definitely be coming back x

Room Tip: Tip- you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolanne M
Clanree, Guest Relations Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Carolanne M,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on your recent wedding in the Clanree Hotel. It was our pleasure to host your special day which you celebrated with family and friends.
It was very pleasing and delightful to read such positive comments regarding the wedding but also the service which was delivered throughout your weekend with us, thank you again for the lovely feedback and if we can be of assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.
Warmest Regards,
00353 74 9124369,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Clanree hotel was brilliant. The staff were really friendly and nothing was a problem. The rooms were clean and the food was excellent. We ate in the bar also, and this was great - good food and lovely surroundings. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fiona B
Dear Fiona B,
Thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit to the Clanree Hotel & Leisure Centre. It was a pleasure to read your feedback and I look forward to relaying your comments to the team.

We really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back to The Clanree Hotel in the very near future and If we may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact the team on 00353 74 9124369,
Kindest Regards,
Antoinette Coyle,
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just a short drive over the border from Derry/Londonderry is Letterkenny. On the outskirts is the Clanree Hotel it is right beside the main road so easy to get too. The hotel is clean well decorated and very very friendly. The rooms are spacious and very well equipped with everything you would need for a short break. The staff are all first class and very helpful the service is off a very high standard and the food a delight to look at and partake off.
The hotel has full leisure centre and full size pool great for families. This was our first time but we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Willie N
Dear Willie N,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and recommendation of your recent stay with us in the Clanree Hotel we are truly delighted to read your positive comments on all aspects of your stay and we are so pleased you enjoyed all the facilities, including the food and the service I will share your kind comments with the team as they are very much appreciated.
We look forward to extending a warm welcome to you in the near future and if we can assist you in any way please contact us directly at info@clanreehotel.com or call us 00353749124369 we would be delighted to help.
Warm Regards,
Antoinette Coyle.
belfast
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel was under going repairs and this was causing lot of noise the the pool was broken and the rooms where outdated.the hotel is stuck in the past. The bar was the best of the hotel food was great

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank ardoyne30
Dear Ardoyne 30,
Many thanks for choosing the Clanree Hotel for your recent visit to Letterkenny it was indeed very disappointing to read that you had experienced disturbance during your stay as we are so very conscience of the refurbishments not impacting on our valued guests, the bedrooms are all being upgraded at the moment as we have completed the Bar and function rooms recently and have kept the level of noise to a minimum by placing all guests in rooms well away from noise but I sincerely apologise if we failed to do so on your visit. I would dearly hope that you give us an opportunity to redeem your faith in the Clanree Hotel in the near future where you can experience at first hand the improvements and changes we are implementing.
Kind Regards,
0035374 9124369.
Westmeath, ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband organised a surprise weekend away in the clanree last weekend. We love this hotel, it was where we got engaged 6years ago. We had not been back since after our wedding and I was very excited last weekend to be returning. They have updated the decor and it looks fab. Some of the staff have changed however I found them all lovely to deal with. The girl in the restaurant had remembered us even though it had been 4 years. That was a nice touch and we stayed in room 152 which is my favourite. The food is fantastic. We only had two little things to note - 1 my husband thought it was a bit warm however this didn't bother me as I like heat I would rather our room too warm than to be cold. I have been in plenty hotels where the rooms have been freezing in winter. 2- we were booked in for a deal which included dinner however we had decided on the sat night that we would wait and use the voucher Sunday night but when we went to pay for the meal I asked the girl could we book for tomorrow night and she told me the restaurant was closed as there were not that many staying. I felt that it should not have mattered and had we not booked until the next day we would still have had the voucher. As it turned out the restaurant did open so everything was fine. I cannot stress enough how fab this hotel is and I can't wait to come back and bring our little 4year old girl with us. The pool is perfect as it is the same depth all the way. Thanks to all the staff for making our weekend special hope to see you all soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colette F
Dear Colette F,
Thank you so much for such a a glowing review, we really appreciate your feedback, we are delighted you had such a lovely time and that you found our team to be helpful and friendly, It was indeed pleasing to read your very kind comments on the recent refurbishments which have taken place, We of course do honor all the package dinner vouchers for all meals both midweek and weekends, I am sorry for any misunderstanding regarding this,
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you both back with your family in the very near future if we can assist you in any way at all with your booking please contact us at info@clanreehotel.com
Many thanks again &
Warmest Regards,
00353 74 9124369
ireland
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed in Clanree from Easter Tuesday until the Thursday with my husband and 3 kids (9,3 and 11 months) we booked the Easter deal through their website for 2 adults 2 kids and one evening meal. I assumed it would be like all hotels and kids under one stay free. So was shocked when we got to reception to check in and the lady at the desk looked at said 'u have 3 children with you that is £15 extra per night' , I said but he is only 11 months, she said no but the deal is for 2 children and I will put the 2 youngest down as the kids staying free with u and the eldest will have to pay, me and my husband looked at each other confused as what she was doing. I thought I'm not going to stand here and argue but it did not make sense what she just done! My 9 year old and 3 year old should have had the free accommodation which was part of the Easter deal and my 11 month old should have been able to stay free as well..... Right? So later that evening when I seen a diff girl on reception I asked her, does children under a certain age get to stay free in this hotel, she said yes under 5's stay free.......I explained my situation and she said no but your deal is only for 2 children!!! I walked away even more confused as I went up!!!! Doesn't make sense! Mite I add that my sister her husband and 3 children were staying too and had got a different girl on reception just after us and there was no questions about their 3rd child and their kids are 8,4 and 2. Really not impressed with this, £30 paid extra!! So when we were checking out the same lady that had checked us in said to me you have additional charges to your room here, I said no couldn't be, she said yes the meal on the first night u overspent and have to pay the extra, I said no that was paid all already after our meal and I went to car to get receipt of my husband! She apologised for this. Confusing and embarrassing as there were people in queue behind me. Also when my sister and her family were checking out they had a mix up too as they said they hadn't pay yet for their stay but they had done on arrival. Disappointed too that jacuzzi wasn't working either on our stay. Would return to this hotel again as lovely food and don't never complain about hotels but didn't like having to pay this. I have booked a deal through treat ticket for hotel in Dublin last week for 2 adults for 2 nights, in small print it says 2 children stay free, great! I emailed them to ask about my 11 month old staying too and it wasn't a problem at all. Thank you Bracken Court. No silly £30 extra charges.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank yummymummy1985
Dear yummymummy 1985,

Thank you for choosing the Clanree Hotel & Leisure Centre for your recent family break The family packages are based on 2 children being free of charge with 2 adults staying in a family room which includes full Bed & Breakfast for the 2 children, the children 's evening meals are not included and would be an extra cost, I do apologize for any confusion at time of check-in in explaining the charge for the 3rd child, as we do have to record the number of all guests in each room for H&S purposes. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and if you could contact us directly we will assure you of our best attention and delver you and your family a truly enjoyable Clanree experience,
Sincere Regards,
Antoinette Coyle,
0749124369.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

The Clanree reception staff were friendly, polite and efficient, as you would expect from any hotel. We checked in and were directed to our room on the second floor, we had read previous reviews that the hotel rooms were a bit dated so the room had met our expectations on first entering, I didn't however expect to see holes in the net curtains and mould around the bath and sink. Time for the bar! McGettigans was a decent bar serving decent food, football was on, no complaints. But, why on Gods earth is there a baby changing station in open plan right in the middle of the gents toilet beside the hand dryers?? Can somebody explain that please? Back to the hotel, the water temperature from the shower alternated between hot and cold, and it didn't solve the problem when I shouted 'turn that bloody sink tap off' either like it does when I'm at home. Don't go for the black or white pudding at breakfast, mine was cold and like cardboard. Overall fairly disappointing, everything above in my opinion should not be experienced in a 4* hotel, but unfortunately this hotel doesn't meet the grade, definitely not 4*.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JourneysEdge
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to The Clanree Hotel & Leisure Centre, it was pleasing to read that you had a warm friendly welcome from our front office team and that you enjoyed your experience in the new McGettigan's bar, naturally we are disappointed to learn of your disappointment with other aspects of your stay. The hotel do indeed have a baby changing unit in both the male and female toilets as we feel it was necessary and forward thinking to provide the facilities for the dads who are out with their children who may need to use a changing station.
We are presently upgrading all our bedrooms and this work will be completed within the next few months as you can appreciate we can only do a number of bedrooms at any one time as we are into high season and do not want to disrupt our guests in any way. The Clanree management and staff are very focused on delivering a high quality product and service to all guests which I do hope you will experience on a return visit in the near future, We are currently registered as a 3 star hotel but we are striving to upgrade with the major investment and refurbishment which is currently taking place.
I do hope you will get the opportunity to visit us again and if we can assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Many Thanks &
Kind Regards,
074 9124369
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
#3 of 12 in Letterkenny
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Station House Hotel Letterkenny
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to Clanree Hotel? Share your experiences!