“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Clanree Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Too far out of town - not walkable.
Complete mess made of our bookings. A complaint shared with at least two other parties checking in at the same time.
Breakfast nice when eventually got it. Staff doing their best but not enough of them by a long way. Waiting for ages! People finally took it upon themselves to queue for service - probably would have been best to implement this system from the outset. Complete confusion. Not even at peak time - room only one third full.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Newry-Traveller-101
Clanree, Sales & Marketing Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at the Clanree Hotel. On behalf of the team here I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered, however I wish you had raised them with us directly, as we would have been happy deal with the situation while you were here at the Hotel. We will certainly take on board your comments and we appreciate your valuable feedback. Kind Regards Annette O'Donnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have just returned home from the Clanree Hotel, I had to say we truly had a wonderful time, the staff are a huge asset to this hotel, all very friendly and accommodating. We dinned in the bar both evenings as the food is fantastic really tasty and plentiful. Breakfast was lovely and again plentiful and again staff were on hand to cater for our every whim. The Management of the hotel show great example to the staff, we saw the Manager around all the time we were there - he must not go home! I normally don't write reviews, but the lady at reception asked me if I would mind writing a review and I certainly didn't mind. I would highly recommend the clanree hotel to anyone, I hope to get a chance to come back and stay again, thank you all for a lovely stay. Keep up the good work x

Room Tip: Enjoy every minute
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Riverviewodonnell
Clanree, Sales & Marketing Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, it was our pleasure to welcome you to the Clanree Hotel and I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We take huge pride in our hospitality values ensuring that all our guests receive a warm Donegal welcome, delicious cuisine and an overall enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Many Thanks, Annette O'Donnell
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and could not fault anything. The minute you arrive the welcome you get is second to none from the receptionists Jo & Annmarie who are always friendly and helpful no matter what you want to know or how many times you ask something you still get the same friendlyness from them. The manager is very approachable and you see where Jo and Annmarie get there friendly ness and helpfulness from as the Manager always shows a fantastic example of how to treat people. The friendlyness continues throughout the hotel. The food is excellent also.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking if you explain this when booking the staff will try there best to get...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank greg908
I am delighted to respond to such a glowing review, thank you most sincerely for sharing your Clanree experience with other travellers. We pride ourselves on our customer care standards and attention to detail, thank you for your very kind comments regarding our Front Desk Team We have a very diligent team who are truly passionate about what they do and strive to ensure that all our guests have a memorable & enjoyable stay. Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to your return, a warm welcome awaits.Kind Regards, Annette O'Donnell.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Lobby is impressive and staff are pleasant. The stairway to the rooms is grubby and has broken hangers and a vacuum cleaner and its accessories strewn all over the stairwell. I read a review with exactly the same complaint two weeks before my visit and it was still there when I visited. Saturday afternoon I went to the bar for a drink a manager appeared and looked straight at me and walked away. Clearly did not know how to deal with that situation! There were two waitresses clearly overworked I was told by one she would be with me as soon as possible at this stage I had been waiting ten minutes. A man came to the bar ten minutes after me and the same waitress now relieved of her previous duties walked right past me and served him first! I left and decided my thirst was a better experience than being ignored. We ordered food that night burger and chips the burger was outstanding really tasty... the chips tasteless and some of them raw. It was also expensive for what we got. The room was spacious and the bathroom big both clean and roomy. However, we might as well have been in the middle of the road. The traffic noise was horrendous! We asked to be moved but it was booked out. Breakfast had good choices. Friday and Saturday night there was music in the bar. It was pretty awful.
Drive on friends leave the Clanree alone it is not worth it. Expensive for the poor facilities offered.

Room Tip: At the back away from the road!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gobi44
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate all feedback we receive as it is from this we learn to improve our standards for our guests I am disappointed to read about your experience in the Bar as we focus very much on providing a good attentive caring service for our guests. I am sorry that the entertainment was not to your personal taste we generally get great feedback on our entrainment choices. We would be delighted to get an opportunity to welcome you back to the Clanree Hotel in the future should your plans permit. Kind Regards, Annette O’Donnell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just after a fantastic weekend in the Clanree, everything from checkin to check out was 100%, after a long hard day of driving with two kids getting narky in the back seat , we arrived to a "gone with the wind stair case " and two helpful receptionists, also a manager was in the foyer & he gave us a big welcome too. We checked into our room which was newly decorated and very spacious which was suitable for the kids to run around! We spoke to the lady in the restaurant about our room and how it was more than we expected and she informed us that it was under new management and they are eventually getting the whole hotel done up!.Food was out of this world, we had a four course meal included in our package, so we had that on our first night and ate in the bar on the second night, tastey. They had live music in the bar and in their ball room they had ceili dancing , we peaked in on the way to bed and it was quite lively !! Im glad that I've chosen the clanree for our weekend break, I will def be back! I've read previous reviews on this and was dreading the stay as I seen a lot of bad reviews and I can honestly say I will NEVER ever believe a bad review again.

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Pwalsh198
So pleased to read your lovely comments on your resent visit to the Clanree Hotel and how you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here, we take great pride in providing our guests with good service in all areas of the hotel , the team in the Clanree really appreciate your recommendation so a huge thank you from all of us here and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Clanree Hotel.
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is very beautiful. The gym was very clean and the pool was so relaxin along with the jacuzzi . The staff were so friendly and very helpful with any questions asked. The hotel is only walking distance from letterkenny town so I'd highly recommend staying here if you are up for a party or any occasion in Letterkenny. We had such a great time and i'll always remember this hotel :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clanree, Guest Relations Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Trishie 2013,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at The Clanree Hotel. We are happy and delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience.

We appreciate all guest feedback, particularly as it helps us to progress and improve our standards to provide our guests with the best possible service and experience.

Again many thanks for the lovely feedback.

Trish and Damien wee hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back again sometime in the not too distant future and if we can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us we would be delighted to help at reservations@clanreehotel.com or contact us by Tel: 00353 917424369

Kind regards,
Antoinette Coyle
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here on the 1st of august for one night. We were originally booked into the Mount Errigal up the road but they were overbooked so they arranged for us to stay in Clanree instead.
I love the spacious lobby and decor of the reception area. I have been in the hotel numerous times for different events but this was the first time to stay.
The food in the bar was very good as was the breakfast. The bedroom and access stairs I thought was a little faded and dated.
We used the pool and leisure facilities and found them to be fine and were open nice and early for a swim before breakfast.
Live Music in the bar also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clanree, Guest Relations Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear PTB 392,
On behalf of the entire team at the Clanree Hotel I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing The Clanree and for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us here, we are delighted to read your lovely comments on all aspects of your stay and your positive recommendation regarding all our food service is very much appreciated, the team here endeavor to deliver the highest standard in guest care and it is always a pleasure to receive feedback such as yours,we very much hope to welcome you back to the Clanree Hotel for another week end break in the not too distant future please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance at all. contact us at info@clanreehotel.com
Warm Regards,