“Lovely hotel break..”
Review of Clanree Hotel

Clanree Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed in the Clanree Easter week with hubby and our 5 yr old boy. Like others I had read some negative reviews before our trip and I was not sure what to expect.
Check in was perfect, lovely receptionist.. Room was lovely.. very warm! I had read from others that hotel was cold.. we thought the opposite, really cosy!!
We had food in the bar on our first night and could not fault it.. lovely girl behind the bar.. Aishling I think her name was.. it was her first night and I have to say she had brill customer service skills!! Really friendly and interested in keeping our wee man entertained in between serving. There was a more senior lady member of staff working along side her who could well learn from Aishlings friendly attitude!!
Finally pool was a great asset and a lovely temperature.. lovely famly break!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GeeNorthernIreland
Clanree, Guest Relations Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

On behalf of the team here, thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us & we look forward to your return. Warmest Regards Annette O'Donnell

There are newer reviews for Clanree Hotel

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just back from a 2 night Living Social Deal at the Clanree Hotel. Arrived mid Saturday afternoon, very easy to find, there was a wedding in progress and everyone seemed very busy, we had no problems checking in, the receptionist was very friendly and helpful, told us all the required information needed.
Our room (Rm 200) was quite small but nice and clean, it had everything we needed.
As the hotel was very busy we went out for the evening into Letterkenny a short drive from the hotel, there are ample bars, and places to eat if you are looking for somewhere to go. We returned to the Clenree later in the evening to have a little difficulty finding a parking place due to the wedding guests, but we did manage to find a place at the back of the hotel. After a few drinks we decided to watch a bit of TV, great range of channels and a good size flat screen tv.
The only problem we had on our weekend was the constant noise from the lifts beside our room, it seemed to go on and on till the very small hours, kept us awake quite a bit, altho on Sunday morning on the way to breakfast the lift was out of order, and I must say we weren't sorry to see the sign as we had a peaceful nights sleep on Sunday. Also ask for extra pillows if you need them, we did and no problem got them.
Food at the hotel was good, breakfast was ok both mornings, and as part of our deal we had dinner on one evening, which we decided to have on Sunday evening, we went down stairs shortly after 8pm but didnt realise the restraunt was closed on Sunday, but as the bar was open we didnt mind eating there, but were told by the bar staff the kitchen was finished and the chef had gone, the bar staff said she would find out if anything could be done, with in a minute the manager come out and said they had managed to catch the chef before they left and we could have dinner after all, well we were very impressed, and the food was well worth it, excellent.
Well done chef and thank you to the manager and the bar staff for the great friendly service.
I have read lots of the other reviews and agree this hotel is a little dated, but overall everything else is good. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lifts and the main road are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the team at the Clanree Hotel, thank you! We have a very dedicated team who strive for perfection and thoroughly enjoy going the extra mile for all our guests. We are delighted that you choose to stay at the Clanree Hotel and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back as soon as your travel plans permit. Kind Regards Annette O'Donnell

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here on easter weekend 2013 with my hubby and child, friendly staff whole hotel, rooms comfortable, warm and clean we enjoyed the swimming pool the most water nicely heated perfect depth and long enough for lane swimming great childrens pool well mantained place I must say!

Reasonable rates for a place with leisure centre, food good.
We had a great time here would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 5, 2013

For the price, I could put up with the dated look. But the mattress was so worn out with such a sag that my boyfriend and I both slept very poorly and woke up with stiff necks. The front desk woman was extremely friendly, breakfast so so, nice that there's an indoor swimming pool/sauna but the dressing room is very drafty.

Room Tip: Don't pick 220 - horrible mattress.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ifjq224

Thank you for your recent review, I am disappointed to read that your stay was not enjoyable, we will certainly take on board your comments and work at improving our offering. I hope you will give us a second chance, I am confident your next stay will be enjoyable and relaxing. Kind Regards Annette O'Donnell.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are regular visitors to Letterkenny, and although we had been to the Clanree for a meal a few times, it was always out of our price range to stay at. This year however, we got a deal which meant that 4 nights bed and breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids worked out at about £65.00 per night, so we decided to give it a try. It's biggest attraction for us was the swimming pool, which did turn out to be excellent. We always went to the pool before breakfast, when it was quite quiet, but we did notice that by the time we were leaving the hotel at about 10:30-11:00 it was getting busy. The breakfasts were brilliant and filled us up for the day, so we weren't bothering having lunch, which again saved us some money for our £65.00 per night! Our room looked a bit dated, it may have been the style they were going for, but the furniture looked old rather than antique and it didn't look as if it had been decorated for a while. Nothing disasterous, but could have been better, and to be honest the rooms in the Premier Inn we stayed in on our last night on the way home was a better standard. I usually like to take a bath to unwind every night on holiday, but the bath was disappointingly small, and on the first night the water was quite brown, so I didn't bother again. There were 4 of us sharing a room, with 2 double beds, there was still plenty room, but there were only 5 pillows between the 4 of us, so overall, it wasn't the comfiest sleep I've ever had. I supose I could have asked for more pillows, but I really think hotels should provise 2 per guest as the normal! On a similar theme, there were only 2 cups provided in the room for coffee etc.. I assume we were in the family area of the hotel, so I was quite surprised that each night there was a little bit of noise as people returned quite late to their rooms. Not really noisy, and didn't disturb us all that much, but slightly noisier than I would have expected. I take it the late comers had been at the entertainiment which the hotel provides, we didn't actually go to any ourselves, but I believe it does provide entertainment every night if "that's your thing". Overall, it was very good, but I'd have been disappointed if I'd actually paid the full advertised rate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Stuart_McLaren
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hi stayed Easter Saturday night booked that day and staff were very helpful. Got to room had lovely big room but very run down my opinion. Got kids ready and then got inbed and all I could hear was like a fan nose eventually after no sleep I went down stairs to night porter and explained our room nose and straight away he goes o that the kitchen fan I turn off. This was three am....... So bac up and no nose just the people coming in all night to there rooms that stopped at 540 am and guess wat then the fans returned. ... Wat more can I say

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Nadineros
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night as it was offering a good deal. I thought the hotel was a little dated and not very clean (Weird smells in different parts of corridors) The room was okay and looked like it was recently painted but the furniture had seen better days. Usually its a good idea to cover the black tiles on the bathroom floor before you paint the walls cream - and that sort of sums the hotel up, it would seem to be running on a shoestring. The room was very warm and we found the staff very helpful. The Breakfast was just okay and adequate but I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yogmart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
Dillons Hotel
#2 of 12 in Letterkenny
Station House Hotel Letterkenny
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to Clanree Hotel? Share your experiences!