“One Night stop over September 18th.”
Review of Clanree Hotel

Clanree Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“One Night stop over September 18th.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the first large hotel you see as you enter the outskirts of Letterkenny just as you turn at the Poles Monument. Check in was fast and friendly . Large executive rooms were very comfortable and sevice next morning for breakfast very good too. A short walk going towards the town I found a very good Indian restaurant if you like curry. I had made an enquiry on arrival about this and it turned out to be very good too.

Overall a nice comfortable hotel with a friendly staff

Room Tip: Again a busy road outside the hotel so choose a back room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for just one night and enjoyed the leisure facilities and location close to donegal town.
Not so impressed however with the bedroom. We were told that we were getting a room away from the function room, however when the music started up that night we felt like we sitting at the bar it was so loud. when we picked up the phone to enquire what time it would be over at, we found that not only was it not working, but that the bare wire had just been shoved into the wall socket. the lamps also had no base and were rocking about on the wire that was sticking out of the bottom of them. the beds themselves were hugely uncomfortable and im not a big fan of having blankets instead of duvets.
Breakfast the next morning would have been great, bar one of us finding a piece of plastic in the porridge.
Overall service and amenities were grand. but it was one of the worst nights sleep I've had in a hotel and I'll not be back.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank sooduncan
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed at the hotel last year but thought that it needed money spent on it. I was back in Letterkenny last week for business and had gotten an e-mail to say that the hotel had been refurbished I decided to check it out. I booked a refurbished executive room and was pleasantly surprised, duvets on the bed not blankets as you get in dated hotels, wi-fi also, flat screen TV the room was freshly decorated. Will definitely stay there next time in Letterkenny.

Room Tip: Plenty of safe parking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Had a wonderful weekend here. Booked the bridal suite as it was available. To die for!!! Four poster bed & jacuzzi bath with tv. Heaven. Staff were very pleasant & helpful. We will return!!! Highly recommended. Outside of town abit but taxi not that expensive.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank GoldieLocks138
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have just returned from a 5 day holiday with Glenton Good Companions at the Clanree. As previous reviewers have said the hotel does show some wear but it is still a good hotel and I have no complaints about the state or cleanliness of my room. Service in the restaurant was good, the staff friendly and I never waited long at breakfast for tea or toast. I thouroughly enjoyed the holiday, the excursions were good and the driver Ian and the host Jim were excellent. What was less than good however were the meals or should I say the main courses. I am a vegetarian and wasn't expecting a great variety to be offered but even so I was shocked. On the first night I chose the linguine pasta which was fine. However on the second evening I was told there was only the linguine available again as a vegetarian option. On the third evening I refused to eat the linguine for a third time and was offered a vegetable stir fry. On the fourth evening I had a vegetable curry. However the stir fry and the curry were virtually identicle, white rice with the same vegetables that were almost the same as those with the linguine. I didn't even eat the curry it was so lacking in flavour. It seems clear to me that the chef had no interest in cooking vegetarian food. The linguine was fine and if you dined there once or twice perfectly acceptable. But why was there no provision made for vegetarian guests? I didn't expect anything fancy. A ricotta canneloni, a goats cheese tart or gnocci would have been ok .Instead I got rice and vegetables that was more reminiscient of my student days. I thought things had moved on since the 1990's but obviously not at the Clanree .You go on holiday to feel a little pampered and food is a big part of that. You should at least be made to feel as welcome as other guests. The Clanree is a lovely hotel but I don't think I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing the road or near the bar.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank gillian f
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Staff very friendly,bar food decent,breakfast fine good location. However the hotel seems to descending into a in a state of disrepair from cracks in the foyer leaking rain water, peeling paint, loose sockets, old style 32" grundig TV's, a fuzzy 1980's reception on the tv , old style blankets and not duvets, decor out of date , the list could go on. I feel for the staff as they are the redeeming feature of my stay. The owners should take heed, I'll probably just B and B on my next visit. If this is what Ireland is offering to tourists I don't think the standard is up to it. When tourist numbers are down, just think why. Needs a serious injection of cash to improve quality.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Seamus L
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We recently had our wedding here and I wouldn't have a bad word to say about them! All was fantastic! Food, value for money and service! Brilliant! All the guests commented on how good the hotel was!! Many thanks

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
#2 of 12 in Letterkenny
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Station House Hotel Letterkenny
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to Clanree Hotel? Share your experiences!