β€œWedding”

Clanree Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
“Wedding”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We recently had our wedding here and I wouldn't have a bad word to say about them! All was fantastic! Food, value for money and service! Brilliant! All the guests commented on how good the hotel was!! Many thanks

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Glenarm, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We travelled as a couple to the Clanree for a 3night b&b stay from 20th Sept. It was clean and tidy and everything went well until the waitress forgot about us asking for toast and we were left waiting for 20mins until I asked again. But apart from that, the staff were friendly enough throughout and the Saturday night entertainment was decent. I found there's not much to do in Letterkenny though so we travelled around most days.
There is an AppleGreen service station right next to the hotel on the same side of the road which had the cheapest fuel that we could find.
Donegal town is around 30mins of a drive away from the hotel and had great entertainment on the waterbus.

Room Tip: Front rooms can be noisy And rooms around the gym area can also be noisy due to people using the t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
navan. co meath
Reviewed September 25, 2012

39 of us stayed here on sept 14 for two nights. We had a great time. While the hotel was very busy with a wedding each day there were plenty of very helpfull staff. The food was very nice apart from the rashers at breakfast which were very salty. We stayed in a triple room which was very big, comfortable and warm. The night porter was a very nice young man [ he will remember me] as he had to wheel me around after i fell. A trip to Letterkenny's new A&E dept and i was sorted!
The music in the bar on both nights was excellent with everyone enjoying it. The swimming pool was lovely and warm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maryann174
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked late and this was the only Hotel we could get I thought from the pictures that it looked good. Best bit about this hotel was that Receptionist was a wonderful girl very friendly and informative really first class welcome. Rooms very old fashioned and this hotel overall needs a lot of money spent on it. Rooms were clean and we found bedroom very quiet. The bar at night was ok but I felt that first of all they didn't have my usual Bombay Gin and the gin I did get I thought was a cheap nasty gin..... I wouldn't be rushing back unless nowhere else. The breakfast was very disappointing, Not what I expect when I do get my breakfast made for me!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BELFAST
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over the new year and I have to say were really disappointed.

The hotel we were told was fully booked (there was also a wedding the evening we stayed), we booked a family room.
When we arrived at the room it was very cold and the decor looked very tired, thread baren carpet at edges, stains on roof, sheets and bed linen very tired....yellow/brown water running from the bathroom taps.

We hit the leisure complex with the kids which again looked very tired and the pool was freezing. The changing room was dirty and not very appealing.
We ate in the bar after our swim and the food was nice, when I went up to our room after dinner, the curtains that we pulled were actually blowing and flapping about. I thought someone from the hotel had been in our room and maybe left a window open, when I went to close the window, to my horror it was closed yet the bottom right hand corner pushed right out with the frame, easy enough for my daughter to fit through. We rang reception for someone to come and look and about 10 minutes later the young bar man arrived, who told us that "as it was 8pm, there was no maintenance person on, hotel was fully booked and to basically keep the curtains closed!", I paid full price for this break, when I asked if he could turn on the central heating, he replied it was on a timer and wouldn't come back on until the middle of the night, I asked for a room heater.... No luck there either..... So we paid full price for a very cold night..... Then in the early hours when other guests came up to their rooms it was very noisey, we were right next door to a lift shaft and double fire doors which banged off the walls..... Noisey, noisey , noisey!!!

Breakfast next morning ok....... Nothing really positive to say about it. Everything was starting to close up when we arrived, room we were in lacked any atmosphere and felt like school dinners....

Positive??? The lovely staircase when you walk to reception, very grand and splendour, definitely not the same in the bedrooms!!!

Very disappointed, Clanree, massive improvements needed, nothing would entice me back to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank JAMESY417
Derry
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just back from a 2B&B 1 Dinner value weekend at the Clanree Hotel.Great hotel,lovely staff & excellent food.Sometimes food not as good on these deals as if go to separately,this was not the case here.Food was top class & staff very good & professional at accommodating the needs of our 3&4 yr olds.Good facilities & very clean.
One downside-beware the swimming instructor on saturdays.Tried to take 4 yr old into the children's part of pool after swallowing water in the deeper end.There a woman who I assume was a swimmimg teacher had 4 children in one corner confronted me in a curt & agressive manner stating that me & my daughter were not welcome in that part of the pool.
Left a bit of a bad taste on what was a very good experience at this lovely hotel and good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clanree, Guest Relations Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at the Clanree Hotel, I am delighted to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay at the Hotel , I am disappointed however to learn of the incident in the Leisure Centre, we do run swimming classes of which are very successful however this should not take away from our guests enjoying the hotels facilities. Thank you once again for your feedback as it is comments such as yours that help us to continually improve our standards & services.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Between the large wedding party, the truck fest and the hen party etc. - two women on an 'An Post' voucher were overlooked. Overall attitude of staff seemed to be 'take it or leave it'. Reception staff were quite impersonal - no way helpful, no friendly greeting. In fact we were told, quite unsympathetically, on the Saturday morning, that there may not be any parking available that evening. On check in, we were given one dinner menu but were given a much more limited one, in the dining room. To make matters worse, our first dessert choice was finished (we were only the third party at the 8pm sitting). The dining room was cold, and we were seated near the open door, which we were told had to stay open! We were not offered alternative seating despite the fact that the dining room was practically empty. Hygiene generally was poor and the bedroom was shabby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us, our sincere apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. regardless of how busy we are, I am disappointed that you felt you were "lost in the crowd". I will personally be investigating all the issues you raised and to ensure that they do not occur again.Again thank you for your feedback.