“Favourite restaurant ever!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I love this place! I don't go here very often but when I want to plan a meal out I always choose American Stateside! The food is delicious, milkshakes are the best i ever tasted, and the staff/service are very friendly!

2  Thank Lucy9010

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This restaurant has been open for a couple of years now and we always pass by it but never went in. So, we finally decided to try it and see how it was. I ordered a burger, regular chips and a milkshake. Let me start off by saying that this restaurant does not serve chocolate milkshakes, only strawberry and vanilla. And the milkshakes come pre-made, from a slushee machine. They hype themselves up on being "All American". What a joke. My burger tasted as if it came out of the freezer and put into the microwave. The toppings (lettuce, tomato) were soggy, as was the bap. I took two bites of the burger and had to stop eating it. The chips were a greasy mess and they tasted like they were fried in very old, gritty oil. I sent this entire plate back citing the burger as my main problem. The waiter was very accommodating and told the chef. They offered to redo the meal- I was a bit hesitant to try it again but I obliged. The second time around, the burger and chips tasted a little bit better but it still wasn't great. The food here is ridiculously overpriced for what you get. If you want fast food and grease, go to McDonalds instead. It's cheaper and it actually tastes better than this restaurant.

5  Thank Jade B
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Visted here today for the first time with my boyfriend the overall apperance of the restaurant was fab our waiter was very friendly and polite and our food was served really quick will defo be returning.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Have been here a few times for the food and nice place maybe service do could with more an American approach !!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were staying in Letterkenny for a couple of days and decided to try the Stateside for dinner one evening. We weren't sure what to expect, but received a warm welcome and were seated quickly. Between us we ordered warm chicken salad, half rack of ribs and sirloin steak from the very extensive menu. Everything was very tasty and the home made onion rings were especially lovely and crispy. Staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was a problem. Desserts looked good too, but we were too full to enjoy them. Wouldn't hesitate to return.