“Excellent for family/social gatherings”

Stateside American Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Went recently with my wife. good service and friendly staff. great choice and delicious burgers. witty lady on check out. will be taking 2 wee bucks back soon! Address shows up as canal road on trip advisor but is actually neil blaney road

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and daughter have visited stateside on a number of occasions. We have also visited it with our friends. Each time we got excellent value for money, excellent food and service. I have read some of the reviews and cannot understand how there are complaints about the price especially for families. Free refills for all soft drinks- you will not get this in any other restaurant locally. I would encourage any family visiting donegal to definately take themselves to stateside they will not be disappointed. Lovely relaxed atmosphere at any time of the day that you visit this restaurant. Thanks to the managment of stateside for providing this town with an excellent choice of family dining.

1  Thank EllengriffinDonegal
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The American theme is rather lost when you enter the door of this restaurant. The decor is really rather cheesy,
Our order was taken eventually when I had enough of the dreadful music and got off my seat to grab a waitress. The food came out within around 20mins. The order was incorrect and had to be returned At this stage we had drank our soft drinks and waited on refills. Never happened, again I had to get off my seat in search of a waiter/waitress.
The food was standard, the service totally un-American. Service with a smile, forget it.
The bill well above average.
Nothing here to entice me back I'm afraid.

2  Thank eugenedoc1
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We went with our two kids for breakfast at the weekend and it was scrumptious! Our 7 year old had the Eggs Benedict and ate every bit. I had the pancakes with maple syrup and it was gorgeous. Hubby had "The Slam Dunk" and cleared the plate! Will definitely return again. The staff were very helpful and nothing was a problem.

1  Thank MMalone16
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have visited Stateside now on 4 occasions and have enjoyed it very much. The staff and manager are welcoming and cannot do enough for you. The food is exactly what you expect, good, honest american style burgers, ribs steaks etc.
I have read a few of the reviews and quite honestly words fail me. It is great to see a local establishment like this doing well. Why compare it to TGI Fridays or Eddie Rockets??? Why not support our own - I for one think they are doing a mighty job and don't even get me started on vegetarians!!!
Desserts are just delicious and great coffee. Can't wait to back and try the evening menu - congratulations Stateside, really lovely.

1  Thank mcmDonegal