“EXCELLENT”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
donegal
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have visited Stateside now on 4 occasions and have enjoyed it very much. The staff and manager are welcoming and cannot do enough for you. The food is exactly what you expect, good, honest american style burgers, ribs steaks etc.
I have read a few of the reviews and quite honestly words fail me. It is great to see a local establishment like this doing well. Why compare it to TGI Fridays or Eddie Rockets??? Why not support our own - I for one think they are doing a mighty job and don't even get me started on vegetarians!!!
Desserts are just delicious and great coffee. Can't wait to back and try the evening menu - congratulations Stateside, really lovely.

1 Thank mcmDonegal

London, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Over from a weekend in london to visit family, we decided to head to Stateside as it is a relatively new restaurant, and found it a very lovely place. After coming home a reading a few of the comments on here i think they are abit over the top with the likes of saying they would never go back again.

we didnt book and we went on a Sunday evening and got seated straight away with our drinks order taken within minutes. Upon our drinks arriving our food order was taken and we had the sampler for starters and this came within 5 minutes and it was a lovely selection and great tasting. As for the mains i had a burger and it was delicious and also very very filling which was a delight.

The staff were very friendly and bubbly and were happy to have a laugh with you which i found great.

Next time i am over i will definitely be going back, and would recommend others to try

tullamore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great value,great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

went for breakfast sunday with our 5 kids, 13,12,10,6 and 3. excellent value for money. everyone fed and watered for just over E33.00. we had a range of food from stacks of pancakes, french toast, eggs benedict, breakfast special, 2 rounds of toast and of course drinks for everyone....coffees(refills too), orange juices, hot chocolates, glass of milk. Excellent service, kids watched plasmas and coloured while we waited which wasnt long. hard work eating out with kids but Stateside makes the experience easy and i would definately return.

1 Thank sunny1Tullamore
Donegal
“I Simply Do Not Understand The 'Buzz' Around This Place - Nothing Special”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I called into Stateside in its first week of opening and was overjoyed to be told they were booked out because in such gloomy times, its great to see a business booming. I was so excited and intrigued to actually get a table that I made a booking right there and then for the next day. The owner (a lady was very pleasant and welcoming) we returned the next day to find a queue and the same lady told us we would have to wait, even though we had booked, she expected us to stand in line without asking if we had a reservation. She disappeared and we had to accost a very busy waitress and seat ourselves in order to get a table at all!
This was overlooked, when we were the told we could only order particular items off the full menu (we later overheard that this was to ensure the evening service would be able to offer patrons what they ordered) I was furious, to say the least!

We both ordered Chicken Sesame Tenders to start and the portion would not have fed an emaciated bird, let alone a normal person. ! Not cheap either! I had a burger, as did my partner and my burger, )with extremely fatty bacon arrived on a plastic dish with a miniscule basket of fries. - My order was also wrong.

Either due to my travels across the globe, I am very fussy, and I admit I can be - or this place is luckily situated in a geographical area that relishes its offerings as their is no competition of its nature, I think its a mixture of both and some friends ate there a few weeks ago and had the same experience as I did.

Two words, Over rated - head to Eddie Rockets if dining in Ireland or T.G.I. Fridays in Belfast for a real 'American Diner' experience - its not cheap either. I for one shall not return.

• Visited April 2011
3 Thank Robert78
Leixlip, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Food was amazing! was there two nights ago and haven't stopped thinking about the Cajun chicken!!! Would recommend to anyone of all ages there really is something for everyone. really nice atmosphere in the restaurant the staff are very friendly and helpful. cant wait to go back.

• Visited May 2011