“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Fantasia - CLOSED

La Fantasia
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin
“Not good”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Last nite eat in the restaurant. Food was bland and undercook. My starter was cold. The main course I probably can do myself in about 10 min so not impress. Could've manage dessert as rest food was average I mean average not even good, but after getting the menu realise mostly of them were bought in . Not coming back .

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Dd D

• Polish first
“First visit bad experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's taken me a while to write this but I'll just get straight to the point I went for dinner one day with friends which was my first time very disappointed as I heard such good reviews!!!!!! Portion size was tiny we all left hungry I found a lovely black hair in my dish yuck, we Tryed to pay separate but nope no chance the staff at the counter was rude and I wanted to pay with sterling she said she would go check came back and never gave me a reply.....!!! For three mains which where tiny we paid 40e! I actually went home and had my dinner, that was just a dear starter!!!It felt like the dinner we had was the leftovers from lunch, I was not impressed, I'd have rather had a five euro meal deal from pats pizza at least I wouldn't of been hungry!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
7 Thank Claire R
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Beautiful food but Restaurant lacks atmosphere”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly njoyd what I ordered but Any1 in our group who ordered pizza didn't njoy them. Also Thought wine was a bit pricey
Quite a noisy restaurant with staff who seemed to be under pressure. Won't b rushing back

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dee_Lanza
Dublin, Ireland
“Fish tasted off but it was the way it was dealt with by Chef that really upset me”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

OMG I am so annoyed. having been for lunch here today in one of my frequently visited italian resturants in letterkenny,Which I DID love. I was served sea bass which tasted gone off....I was ok with this as this sometimes this happens, so I decretly told the waiter when he asked was all ok not wanting to make a FUSS .He took my plate and arrived back to my table in the centre of the resturant with a plate of raw seabass which the chef sent to prove it was fresh.I agreed that THIS seabass looked fresh but unfortunately mines didn't taste fresh.I didn't ask for anything else of the menu. Then the waitress (poor thing) looking mortified asked me to pay.i was surprised. I refused to pay for something I had sent back.I was not looking for a free lunch...I didn't have lunch!!! Then the CHEF came out looking extremely aggressive :I tried to explain it was not personal and i've always enjoyed my food here previously. He spoke AT me not to me in an intimidating tone.....telling me 'HE DID NOT BELIEVE ME..... GET OUT' in front of the other customers.I was mortified.upset, angry and hungry leaving . Thank God it wasn't busy....wonder why???.Disgraceful behaviour from the chef alittle repect plus or minus an apology was all that was required.

• Visited September 2013
11 Thank 741174
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Gorgeous Italian restaurant”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A group of 9 of us ate in this restaurant on a Friday night, we really enjoyed it. Slight delay with the main course but the servers made us aware of this and were very attentive. We didn't mind about the wait as there was a great atmosphere in the restaurant. I ate the crab claws and the penne el a samone which was delicious, we found the pricing very reasonable for the quality of the food. Will definitely be back as the menu looked fabulous.

• Visited September 2013