“Best Italian in town!”
Review of La Fantasia - CLOSED

La Fantasia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Chose La Fantasia to take a friend for her birthday as she had never eaten there before and I wanted to see the new premises!
Gorgeous setting! It feels like a real Italian restaurant now! We were taken straight to our seats and given a complimentary bottle of wine as the chef found out it was my friend's birthday we were celebrating! It made the birthday night out more special!
Goats cheese for starter was beautiful! Main course was chicken pasta, lovely dish and not too little or too much to handle! Chocolate brownies for dessert were amazing!
The staff couldn't be more attentive or friendly!
I'll definately be back because I've booked a table for tomorrow night again!

1  Thank TaraConnolly

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went there for the first time yesterday evening with my Mum, after it was recommended to us by a friend who had been there at the weekend. With it being a Tuesday, we didn't book and thought we'd probably be the only ones in there. How wrong we were! We were pretty much the first 2 in the door, but not long after, the restaurant filled up thick and fast.
Service was good, food was really good - make sure you're hungry, as portions are pretty big!
We couldn't fault it.

We'll definitely be back for more!

1  Thank H1ghlandCoo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

went to la fantasia on saturday night had table booked for 8.30, no table available so we were seated on a comfee couch. Thankgod it was comfy as we thought they had forgotten about us! My friend asked them at approx 9pm why we hadent been seated, and a waiter came over apologised and took our drinks order and gave us a menu. within minutes we had our wine and were whisked upstairs. Great atmostphere but i was so glad i had eaten earlier as it was so slow. when we did get our food it was delicious and well worth waiting on. The staff were all very nice and friendly i would definitely go here soon again but will have a wee bite before i go just incase! very good value we had main, dessert,and coffee approx 25 euro each which was really good and very large portions, also a free shot, and we were not charged for the bottle of wine it was complimentary because of the long wait. Will be back soon

2  Thank scoobyLetterkenny
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We ate here couple of weeks back when it was at the old premises. I must say I had heard all good reports except from 2 other people who had been there before and I must admit if they say its not great its normally not. The food lacked flavour to be honest. I had bruschetta as a starter, a basic starter made with tomatoes and it was so flavourless I was quite shocked. Hubs ordered a fish starter and his words were 'its passable.' I had a chicken dish for the main and again it had no flavour. Pudding was ok but the saving grace has to be the cheerful staff we had at our table. Would I visit again? I will as I really did not like where they used to be (a galvanised shed which was so loud) and I am hoping that the new premises will be a lot better. Another thing which was SO annoying they place the tables SO near one another. There were 2 guys sitting at the table next to ours and no kidding they might as well have been on our table they were that near. It seemed to me that they piled people in, tad greedy tbh. So marks out of ten would have to be a 4.5, sorry la Fantasia but I will give you another try.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Long time fans of La Fantasia in Dry Arch, my husband and I visited their new premises in central Letterkenny on Monday of this week. Given that we were back by Sunday night you ll guess it is as superb as ever. Amazing food, great staff, faultless!

1  Thank Anne B