“very slow but worth the wait!”
Review of La Fantasia - CLOSED

La Fantasia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed May 27, 2013

went to la fantasia on saturday night had table booked for 8.30, no table available so we were seated on a comfee couch. Thankgod it was comfy as we thought they had forgotten about us! My friend asked them at approx 9pm why we hadent been seated, and a waiter came over apologised and took our drinks order and gave us a menu. within minutes we had our wine and were whisked upstairs. Great atmostphere but i was so glad i had eaten earlier as it was so slow. when we did get our food it was delicious and well worth waiting on. The staff were all very nice and friendly i would definitely go here soon again but will have a wee bite before i go just incase! very good value we had main, dessert,and coffee approx 25 euro each which was really good and very large portions, also a free shot, and we were not charged for the bottle of wine it was complimentary because of the long wait. Will be back soon

2  Thank scoobyLetterkenny

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We ate here couple of weeks back when it was at the old premises. I must say I had heard all good reports except from 2 other people who had been there before and I must admit if they say its not great its normally not. The food lacked flavour to be honest. I had bruschetta as a starter, a basic starter made with tomatoes and it was so flavourless I was quite shocked. Hubs ordered a fish starter and his words were 'its passable.' I had a chicken dish for the main and again it had no flavour. Pudding was ok but the saving grace has to be the cheerful staff we had at our table. Would I visit again? I will as I really did not like where they used to be (a galvanised shed which was so loud) and I am hoping that the new premises will be a lot better. Another thing which was SO annoying they place the tables SO near one another. There were 2 guys sitting at the table next to ours and no kidding they might as well have been on our table they were that near. It seemed to me that they piled people in, tad greedy tbh. So marks out of ten would have to be a 4.5, sorry la Fantasia but I will give you another try.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Long time fans of La Fantasia in Dry Arch, my husband and I visited their new premises in central Letterkenny on Monday of this week. Given that we were back by Sunday night you ll guess it is as superb as ever. Amazing food, great staff, faultless!

1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a regular stop for us when we are in Letterkenny. Great Italian menu and lovely atmosphere. have recommended it to a number of friends and family and feedback is all positive. Hidden away don't be put off by it environs (a bit industrial). Step inside and experience a true Italian experience.

2  Thank TLH65
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I’m from Italy living in Ireland a long time and have been travelling to Donegal frequently over the last number of years. I must be honest and must say that I normally avoid Italian restaurants abroad: I return to Italy often enough to enjoy Italian food in Italy. However, I was brought to La Fantasia for the the first time by a local friend in Letterkenny a few years ago so I could not refuse, and remember just having a pizza at the time, which had found to be exceptionally good, basically as good as back home. I was extremely surprised, as Donegal is a remote county up in the north west of Ireland far from any major cities and this restaurant was as well located in a desolate industrial estate off a large roundabout in the outskirts of the town on the road between Letterkenny and Omagh, and getting there was always a bit of an adventure. Over the years I returned to La Fantasia various times and always had a very positive experience, the food is always fresh and tasty, the wine selection very good and the staff very friendly. I returned again last week, bank holiday weekend, with family and was certainly not disappointed. The restaurant recently moved to a new location which is central, much bigger with better tables, chairs and much better atmosphere, it’s now just off the main street and into walking distance from all the major pubs, clubs and theater. Will certainly be back to La Fantasia when we go back to Donegal in the summer.

1  Thank nepapa