“Excellent Food ~ Strange Location”
Review of La Fantasia - CLOSED

La Fantasia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were recommended this Restaurant while on a visit to Letterkenny. It is based in an Industrial Unit in an isolated place that was difficult to find (we passed the sign twice) It doesn't look too appealing from the outside, but looks can be deceiving and in this instance they surely were. The three of us all had completely different dishes and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. It was the nicest Italian meal I have had in awhile. The staff were very friendly and very attentive. It was very cold outside but we found it warm inside and we thought it was value for money in comparison to the food quality. I would really recommend La Fantasia. The only thing I would mark it down on is the location. Everything else was very good.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have eating here a number of times and the food is always excellent. Very friendly staff and make sure you always book a table in advance as you could be waiting a while otherwise.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The food here is to die for although a little expensive for children. I would not return though, as the premises was very cold and was unable to enjoy my meal.

1  Thank nicelady17
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My favourite restaurant in Letterkenny. This is home to really great food. Always choose a different main course, this time the seafood risotto- mouth watering. Our service was second to none; male and female servers, top class. No 'attitude' issues as in previous review.The restaurant was extremely busy however, our meal nor service could be faulted. Definitely recommend this restaurant. Until next time, thank you and continue to do what you do best La Fantasia!!

4  Thank castleofmyown
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I dined here last night with my daughter as a pre 18th birthday treat. After looking through the extensive menu, and as I was only ordering a main course I decided to ask for combination of 2 things on the menu, steak and some seafood on the side. Our waiter was Italian (I think) and his response was sneering, derisory and insulting, I was completely taken aback and only for the fact that I did not want to embarass my daughter I let the comments this extremely arrogant mad made go by. The food came and mine was presented exactly like I had asked for it and it was good, my daughters commented later that her meal was swimming with Olive oil and she didnt care for it too much, but her dessert made up for that. My point is, I wish I had not let this go by, my instinct was to leave immediately and this keeps coming back to me and my daughter even said that she was suprised I let this go. I have travelled extensively and have eaten in 1,000'sof restuarants all over the world, I am actually involved in the industry and have been responsible for 1,000's of tourists coming to Donegal over the years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced such an arrogant attitude displayed by this waiter (and I have a feeling that he may be the owner or connected to the owner in some way). Its out of order, the guy is there to serve and should not be making people feel uncomfortable or mock their choices of food. Its outrageous. Do yourself a favour and swerve the desperate attitude of this guy!!

4  Thank ShaunRodgers