“10 out of 10”
Review of La Fantasia - CLOSED

La Fantasia
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
donegal ireland
“10 out of 10”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

we had the best ever food last night we were a party of 23 every need was catered for great waitress and Cathal was a very good bar man.my parent were 60 yrs married soo when David heard that out came the champaine and a special song was played it really made there evening .David made Chicken Maryland for us and it would not be normally on the menu i had requested it as it is a favourite dish of my parents. by god can he make chicken maryland!! soo be prepared David when people read this you might have to put it on the menu call it an italian name, thank you for everything, May Herrity

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank maryherrity

• Polish first
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Hard to beat”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We have eaten in a lot of restaurants in letterkenny but booked lafantasia on advice of friends. We were not disappointed. There was 4of us, food was wonderful and fresh.For starters there was a scallop soup on the special menu, we all had this and it was very tasty. I had steak cooked medium to well and it was perfect with a garlic sauce on the side. the rest of the table had chicken and fish dishes again no complaints. To top it all off I had the most amazing cheesecake. What we really enjoyed was that there was no rush to take our table, we were able to sit back and relax, enjoy the wine, Italian music, great food and atmosphere. The staff were lovely and friendly, not too pushy which is what we love in a restaurant.

O

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank Sammletter
Letterkenny
“"La Fantasia".......it certainly lives up to its name!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

When we decided to go out for dinner and try some place new we had no idea what we were in for. om arriving we were both exhausted but the moment we entered the door we were welcomed warmly and seated without any delay!! Our drinks were brought down and the specials explained and the order taken all within 15 minutes!! I loved the Italian music playing in the background and the slideshow on the monitor, really added to the authenticity of the restaurant. We shared a starter of Calamare and i have to say it was perfect. I had the Monkfish and my partner had the Veal, we both took and short break halfway through, just so the experience would last longer!! The portions were a little on the big side but in this case, that was not a bad thing!! The service was relaxed but efficient with lovely conversation and witty anecdotes. to our delight, the bill was very reasonable indeed considering the quality of the food and the size of the portions. the only complaint I would have is that I had no space for dessert. We both left satisfied and feeling in a much better mood. we will definately be back! thanks to Davide and Kashia for a truely wonderful and fantastic dinning experience.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank DonkaDolphin
Ireland
“very over rated”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The thing that first strikes you about this Italian restaurant is the odd location. As our taxi drove down through the industrial estate I couldnt help but wonder why put a restaurant so far out of town beside the NCT centre? The interior of the restaurant looks like somebody cleared out an exisitng motorfactors and decided to stick a restaurant into the shell... without re decorating. However at this point I was even more excited anticipating how great the food must be for people to come down here to eat. Could we have discovered a little gem hidden in out own town of Letterkenny? Well truthfully the answer is no. This is at best average Italian food with poor service in a crap location and no atmosphere. The starter was a very nice bruschetta however the steak for the main was one of the worst I have ever recieved. White, tough and over cooked.. It would not suprise me to learn that this meat had been previously frozen which appears to drain colour out of the meat. Everything else was.. well.. okay.. but nothing special! That is the problem with this restaurant given the location, interior and price the fact that it is just 'alright' comes as a disapointment. When the bill came the fantasy was over and we left considerably lighter in pocket... promising never to return.

• Visited December 2010
2 Thank bluebus
letterkenny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best eating experience in a long time”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We have eaten in this restaurant on numerous occasions and have always found the food experience to be excellent. The food is delicious and the staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. I am vegetarian and find it difficult to find quality, tasty food when eating out. However, every time I eat in La Fantasia I'm blown away. The chef will always make me something new if I don't feel like eating from the menu. There is always the Special's Board if you feel like a change. Last night I had the best apple pie ever. The restaurant is very family friendly and my children love eating here. If your lucky you might also catch the clown!

Visited March 2011