“Nice place - Silver Tassie” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Tassie Hotel - Restaurant

Silver Tassie Hotel - Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 110 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Word from our Head Chef Hi, my name is Karl Murtagh and I am the Head Chef at the The Silver Tassie Hotel with over 20 years experience satisfying the taste buds. Together with a dedicated and hard working team, my aim is to ensure all our customers enjoy a superb dining experience in the Hotel. The Silver Tassie Hotel has established itself as one of the town's most reliable establishments for good food and quality hospitality using only using the freshest ingredients in all our dishes. We take great pride in our food, as it is all freshly made on the site by our highly skilled and creative culinary staff. All our food is sourced locally and where possible using sustainable produces, all of our meats, fish and vegetable have full traceability. We have carefully planned our menus to ensure there is something to cater for all tastes with a great emphasis on fresh seafood and locally sourced meat with our "Tassie Steaks" our specialty dishes. Our Sunday Carvery Lunch is an experience not to miss out on with 5 courses to be enjoyed during a pleasant afternoon of dining. Children in your party can enjoy our Kiddies corner to make the day out relaxing and fun for all the family. Eating should be an experience, which is why we taken great care to ensure the restaurant is the epitome of comfort, wood paneled walls, crisp white linen table cloths, a large stone fireplace and sumptuous leather chairs ensure that the whole dining experience is a comfortable and memorable one. Your dining experience is strongly supported by friendly, attentive, and helpful staff who ensure you have everything you need, all you have to do it sit back, enjoy, indulgence and let us delight you! I look forward to welcoming you to The Silver Tassie Hotel and attending to your culinary needs and desires during your stay at the Hotel. Karl Murtagh
Victoria, Texas
“Nice place - Silver Tassie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed just one night while playing golf at the Portsalon Golf Club. The hotel and restaurant were very nice - kind of old fashioned hotel rooms. Rooms were very clean and well kept. We enjoyed our meal there - dinner and breakfast. Handy location for the golf course which I highly recommend too.

Cambridge
“Not that great.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Due to other people booking this place i have had the misfortune to eat here on several occasions. The food is consistently unpleasant and very freezer to oven style. The staff are pretty rude, quite a lot of surly young adults. The last time i ate here the waitress pulled the menu away from us half way through our order as she had laid down the wrong menu, when it took more than 30 seconds for us to choose from the other menu she started rolling her eyes and became visibly annoyed. When my order came it was wrong and when i sent it back it came back on another plate with the wrong sauce having been wiped off with a cloth. Gross. We stayed for a few drinks afterwards but as the hotel was uncomfortably hot we chose to leave. When we were leaving there were a couple of people from a large wedding party throwing up in the car park. Kind a sums the place up.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FoxEB
Derry, United Kingdom
“Carvery Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped for lunch with my teenage son. The carvery was excellent, Great choice of meat and fish together with lovely fresh veg. Great to get cabbage that is fresh and crisp and not over cooked.
As a vegetarian I did not to have any meat and had veg and potatoes. I enquired if the gravey was vegetarian - unfortunately not (gluten free). This was the only negative. Would have loved some vegetarian gravey. Lovely fresh food.

belfast, northern ireland
“Great carvery!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We went into the Silver Tassie for their Sunday carvery and I have to say that it was really good. It is €21.50 for adults and €12 for kids which I first thought was over priced but it is a 5 course carvery and the food was brilliant. Loads to choose from and good service. Would definitely recommend it and go back again.

Northen Ireland
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband & I went into the Silver Tassie bar & restaurant for dinner. The staff were very polite and eager to take our order. My husband ordered potato skins to start followed by filet steak. I ordered pan fried sea bass with stir fried veg. What a disappointment. The potatoes skins was one very small scooped out baked potato served with a tired salad whose leaves were going brown. His steak was definitely not filet which he had to use a steak knife to cut. My meal was really very poor. The sea bass fillet was very tiny with very little meat on it and the stir fried veg was soaked in a very heavy oil and cooked without any seasoning and again served with a very tired salad of browning leaves. Whilst my husband eat his meal, I could not, I left most of it on the plate. When a staff member came to remove the plates he asked, 'was my food ok?' I replied that it was of poor quality and the veg was saturated in oil and not eatable. He apologised and offered me a complimentary desert which I refused and replied that I didn't want a free desert but a meal that I could have eaten. At this point he walked of saying, 'that he got that'. At no point was I offered a replacement meal - which I would have refused. During our time in this restaurant there were a number of families and couples all eating what seemed to be satisfactory food to them. We paid 64 euros for this meal which included a glass go wine & a g&t and both of us felt totally disappointed with the quality of food we paid for. Needless to say that we won't be back. The silver tassie is charging high rate prices for poor quality food. If you want high priced fast food then this is the place to eat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles