“Disappointing Sunday lunch”

Silver Tassie Hotel - Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Word from our Head Chef Hi, my name is Karl Murtagh and I am the Head Chef at the The Silver Tassie Hotel with over 20 years experience satisfying the taste buds. Together with a dedicated and hard working team, my aim is to ensure all our customers enjoy a superb dining experience in the Hotel. The Silver Tassie Hotel has established itself as one of the town's most reliable establishments for good food and quality hospitality using only using the freshest ingredients in all our dishes. We take great pride in our food, as it is all freshly made on the site by our highly skilled and creative culinary staff. All our food is sourced locally and where possible using sustainable produces, all of our meats, fish and vegetable have full traceability. We have carefully planned our menus to ensure there is something to cater for all tastes with a great emphasis on fresh seafood and locally sourced meat with our "Tassie Steaks" our specialty dishes. Our Sunday Carvery Lunch is an experience not to miss out on with 5 courses to be enjoyed during a pleasant afternoon of dining. Children in your party can enjoy our Kiddies corner to make the day out relaxing and fun for all the family. Eating should be an experience, which is why we taken great care to ensure the restaurant is the epitome of comfort, wood paneled walls, crisp white linen table cloths, a large stone fireplace and sumptuous leather chairs ensure that the whole dining experience is a comfortable and memorable one. Your dining experience is strongly supported by friendly, attentive, and helpful staff who ensure you have everything you need, all you have to do it sit back, enjoy, indulgence and let us delight you! I look forward to welcoming you to The Silver Tassie Hotel and attending to your culinary needs and desires during your stay at the Hotel. Karl Murtagh
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Disappointing Sunday lunch”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Visited this venue for carvery lunch last Sunday. Very disappointed with main course of turkey and ham. Vegetables are always very basic and served as large chunks. Was delighted to see baked alaska on the sweet selection but was again disappointed as the fruit at the base was frozen and the meringue cold. The staff were always walking around waiting to collect dishes. This venue does not provide service with a smile. There is no communication or friendly batter with the customers. They did not wait until everyone had finished their course. This made us feel rushed and not relaxed. All in all not value for money.

• Visited August 2012

Sligo, Ireland
“Wedding bliss”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at Silver Tassie to attend wedding. The entire experience was wonderful. Food was excellent and matched by the service,pipping hot,on hot plates,fast efficient and plenty of it. Would recommend any couple in this area to trust them with your wedding day,one word Wonderful! We overnighted ,the bedroom was a little disappointing, very basic and lacked character,going rate on the weekend was 170euro per room per night for B&B per couple, steep enough. The breakfast was delicious and again pipping hot. Our experience of all staff from front door to back was excellent. Would visit again and recommend to family and friends.

• Visited July 2012
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best wedding meal ever!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Each course was perfect. Staff were fantastic. Food was piping hot. Beef was 'melt in your mouth'. Absolutely faultless.

Visited July 2012
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to a packed bar and most tables were full. Staff were extremely busy serving food and we thought....'will we or won't we?' Well, we did! We found a table and were promptly handed menus and a drinks order taken. Considering how busy the place was I was highly impressed with the level of service.
We enjoyed 3 courses- seafood chowder was delicious, soup lovely but the goats cheese bruschetta was a let down (dry, and bland). We couldn't fault our main courses- huge portion sizes and the lamb was mouthwatering. Strawberry cheese for dessert was devine, probably the best I've eaten. The bill including drinks was very reasonable @ €70. Highly recommended.

“Suggestion for chef/ head of catemoneyed tree portion control/ poor value for money-sort it out!!!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We came on a Sunday evening had 2 main courses 1 dessert 1 coffee &2 soft drinks this came to €45 not cheap but what I really begrudged was paying extra for sides- spuds rice etc. I ordered Cajun chicken 1breast sliced on very little veg and had only salad on the side-no potatoes,rice , noodles or chips . When I was ordering I asked did I need extra sides or was it big enough on its own ?In fairness the waitress was honest &told me I'd need an extra side at €3 a go When I was settling the bill I spoke to the batman who was very gracious -In a nutshell I think before you charge customers hard earned money for extra sides you should at least ensure you finish out the dish first- then at least any extra sides would indeed be extras and not essentials- its cheap, penny pinching and totally unacceptable to your customers in the current climate -I'll add that we dined out elsewhere a week later in Donegal Town had 2 starters 2 main courses 1 dessert and 1 coffee for €50 lovely food plenty in it and MUCH better value for money