“Wedding bliss”

Silver Tassie Hotel - Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Word from our Head Chef Hi, my name is Karl Murtagh and I am the Head Chef at the The Silver Tassie Hotel with over 20 years experience satisfying the taste buds. Together with a dedicated and hard working team, my aim is to ensure all our customers enjoy a superb dining experience in the Hotel. The Silver Tassie Hotel has established itself as one of the town's most reliable establishments for good food and quality hospitality using only using the freshest ingredients in all our dishes. We take great pride in our food, as it is all freshly made on the site by our highly skilled and creative culinary staff. All our food is sourced locally and where possible using sustainable produces, all of our meats, fish and vegetable have full traceability. We have carefully planned our menus to ensure there is something to cater for all tastes with a great emphasis on fresh seafood and locally sourced meat with our "Tassie Steaks" our specialty dishes. Our Sunday Carvery Lunch is an experience not to miss out on with 5 courses to be enjoyed during a pleasant afternoon of dining. Children in your party can enjoy our Kiddies corner to make the day out relaxing and fun for all the family. Eating should be an experience, which is why we taken great care to ensure the restaurant is the epitome of comfort, wood paneled walls, crisp white linen table cloths, a large stone fireplace and sumptuous leather chairs ensure that the whole dining experience is a comfortable and memorable one. Your dining experience is strongly supported by friendly, attentive, and helpful staff who ensure you have everything you need, all you have to do it sit back, enjoy, indulgence and let us delight you! I look forward to welcoming you to The Silver Tassie Hotel and attending to your culinary needs and desires during your stay at the Hotel. Karl Murtagh
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at Silver Tassie to attend wedding. The entire experience was wonderful. Food was excellent and matched by the service,pipping hot,on hot plates,fast efficient and plenty of it. Would recommend any couple in this area to trust them with your wedding day,one word Wonderful! We overnighted ,the bedroom was a little disappointing, very basic and lacked character,going rate on the weekend was 170euro per room per night for B&B per couple, steep enough. The breakfast was delicious and again pipping hot. Our experience of all staff from front door to back was excellent. Would visit again and recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Each course was perfect. Staff were fantastic. Food was piping hot. Beef was 'melt in your mouth'. Absolutely faultless.

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to a packed bar and most tables were full. Staff were extremely busy serving food and we thought....'will we or won't we?' Well, we did! We found a table and were promptly handed menus and a drinks order taken. Considering how busy the place was I was highly impressed with the level of service.
We enjoyed 3 courses- seafood chowder was delicious, soup lovely but the goats cheese bruschetta was a let down (dry, and bland). We couldn't fault our main courses- huge portion sizes and the lamb was mouthwatering. Strawberry cheese for dessert was devine, probably the best I've eaten. The bill including drinks was very reasonable @ €70. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We came on a Sunday evening had 2 main courses 1 dessert 1 coffee &2 soft drinks this came to €45 not cheap but what I really begrudged was paying extra for sides- spuds rice etc. I ordered Cajun chicken 1breast sliced on very little veg and had only salad on the side-no potatoes,rice , noodles or chips . When I was ordering I asked did I need extra sides or was it big enough on its own ?In fairness the waitress was honest &told me I'd need an extra side at €3 a go When I was settling the bill I spoke to the batman who was very gracious -In a nutshell I think before you charge customers hard earned money for extra sides you should at least ensure you finish out the dish first- then at least any extra sides would indeed be extras and not essentials- its cheap, penny pinching and totally unacceptable to your customers in the current climate -I'll add that we dined out elsewhere a week later in Donegal Town had 2 starters 2 main courses 1 dessert and 1 coffee for €50 lovely food plenty in it and MUCH better value for money

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Went for food yesterday,late lunch/early tea.We were told lunch was finished but we could have bar food?The bar tender took are drink order and gave us menu's.The menu had so much to choose from I sent my husband up to the counter and asked him to find out what was available at this time of day!They said "everything" couldn't believe our eyes.So we ordered and guess what,It was one of the best meals Iv'e ever had there were 4 of us and the steaks were done PERFECT.We can't wait to go back.In fact we thinking of going on a Sat night and staying over so we can really chill.Thanks to you!!!all at the Silver Tassie see you soon.

1  Thank JOY1956