“Disappointing”
Review of The Lemon Tree

The Lemon Tree
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Lemon tree has recently moved MAY 2017 to a NEW location in Letterkenny at the Courtyard Shopping Centre to the rare of the building at the carpark. This is a Letterkenny owned family run restaurant opened in 1999. The three brothers in the kitchen have a unique style with a mixture of traditional Irish and French classic, influenced by country house cooking which was collected by their many years experience all over Irleand. All meats are Irish sourced and fresh fish is a special feature. Everthing is made freshly on site including all breads, pastries, pastas and desserts. The Wine list is ever growing and includes something for all tastes with over 90 different wines. The restaurant offers a Early bird menu 7 days available from 5 - 7 pm and a full A la carte menu from 5 - 10 PM. Lunch is available from 1 - 2:30 PM on Sunday.
Letterkenny
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

After hearing raving reviews from friends I was enjoying a meal in the lemon tree, however I was extremely disappointed. The food was merely average, I had chicken straganoff, it was bland and I felt I could have made it myself, even though I'm not the most skilled cook. I had the goats cheese tart for starters and it was also underwhelming. Many people describe the restaurant as 'cosy' however, in my opinion it is cramped and lacks intimacy, we could hear every word of the conversations going on around us. Service was fast and friendly however and the early bird was good value. I would not be in a rush back to the restaurant and I believe other restaurants in town are much better.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Martina H

County Donegal, Ireland
“Small cosy friendly restaurant”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Found this cosy busy restaurant on a cold winters night to be very welcoming, the food was good as was the service, I had the linguine pasta starter in a tasty creamy sauce, followed by a trio of fish... Delicious, would recommend and visit again.

2 Thank tomf40
Dublin, Ireland
“good but not great”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My partner and I were there on Saturday evening for dinner. I had a salmon with mashed potatoes. It was good but not great. I was expecting more for the price. My partner had sirlion steak and chips. He thought that steak was small and fatty. Chips were good. The staff were very nice. The restaurant is nice and cosy.

2 Thank Mrs_Lilla_My
Chandler, Arizona
“Wow!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Great food, service, and atmosphere! A perfect dining experience! I suggest the goat cheese, spinach, and tomato tarte.

2 Thank Samora F
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Black pudding and scallops a must”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I went here mid week with my sister for a meal and a bottle of wine, firstly we were given amuse bouche which I thought was a lovely touch and very tasty. I had Black pudding and scallops for starter and monk and pork belly for main, pork was a tad dry but I will forgive that as the rest of the meal was perfect. Best place to eat in Letterkenny.

2 Thank killybegs_john