“Great Food..”
Review of The Lemon Tree

The Lemon Tree
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Lemon tree has recently moved MAY 2017 to a NEW location in Letterkenny at the Courtyard Shopping Centre to the rare of the building at the carpark. This is a Letterkenny owned family run restaurant opened in 1999. The three brothers in the kitchen have a unique style with a mixture of traditional Irish and French classic, influenced by country house cooking which was collected by their many years experience all over Irleand. All meats are Irish sourced and fresh fish is a special feature. Everthing is made freshly on site including all breads, pastries, pastas and desserts. The Wine list is ever growing and includes something for all tastes with over 90 different wines. The restaurant offers a Early bird menu 7 days available from 5 - 7 pm and a full A la carte menu from 5 - 10 PM. Lunch is available from 1 - 2:30 PM on Sunday.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I will keep this brief..
Both my wife and i had Salmon on mash.. Truely devine.. The food is without question excellent. The restaurant itself is quite small but I still felt as if we have enough privacy. The wine is pretty expensive starting at around 22 euro, (£18 ish) per bottle for an Australian shiraz.. I know that this is probably about normal for most restaurants... but sorry i just dont get where this mark up comes from given this wine costs between £5 to £10 in most off licences.
We arrived at 6.30pm and were seated quickly. We were given the early bird menu which is slightly cheaper than the Al a Carte .. However, when we ordered a sweet we were given the Al a Carte menu. A sweet costs 6.99 euro which is just to expensive for what it is. One option was a selection of ice cream . My wifes sweet arrived on a piece of black slate which was a nice rustic touch i suppose.
Overall the meals was nice if a bit expensive.. I wouldnt like to pay the Al a Carte prices as this would be slightly too expensive for what you get. But food was delicious..

1  Thank Killswitch67

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had never been before but so impressed with service and food. Fab selection of food and some of the best coffee ever. Bravo!Atmosphere lovely too. Will be back.

1  Thank TLH65
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had one of the best meals ever in this restaurant. I am vegan and have some health issues which mean I cannot eat certain foods. As I was attending a hen party in Letterkenny and we were going for dinner here. I rang them the week before we were due to dine to give them notice of my unusual requirements, they were so friendly and helpful, my very awkward diet seemed no trouble at all. When I arrived I mentioned to the girl at the desk that I was the person who had rung and she knew exactly what I was talking about and told me about the menu the chef had prepared for me. The food was amazing. The staff so friendly and accommodating, the atmosphere was lovely for our early dinner, I couldn't recommend this restaurant enough.

2  Thank MarianneJK
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We tried to find this restaurant on our first night's stay in Letterkenny but by chance found it on the second night [ There was no sign outside and the menus displayed in the window did not have the restaurant name on them but I went inside and asked! It is directly opposite the Yellow Pepper Restaurant by the way!]. The menu was a delight and the food exquisite on both nights we chose to eat here...who would have thought of teaming up Monkfish with Pork Belly [?] but the result was great and I have been raving about this since! Also great other choices from Starters thru to Puddings. The staff were friendly and very polite which made our experience of this great restaurant even better.
Dining here is expensive but it is not bog standard food so well worth the money spent!

2  Thank FionaChinnor
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Three of us drove from Ruthmullan to Letterkenny because we wanted to celebrate BD for my friend's mother. Great food and service. The portion of food was big and also nice selection of wine. Highly recommend if you are visiting Letterkenny.

Please see my photos and vote helpful. Thank you very much.

3  Thank tingleboi