“Best Restaurant By Far”
Review of The Lemon Tree

The Lemon Tree
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lemon tree has recently moved MAY 2017 to a NEW location in Letterkenny at the Courtyard Shopping Centre to the rare of the building at the carpark. This is a Letterkenny owned family run restaurant opened in 1999. The three brothers in the kitchen have a unique style with a mixture of traditional Irish and French classic, influenced by country house cooking which was collected by their many years experience all over Irleand. All meats are Irish sourced and fresh fish is a special feature. Everthing is made freshly on site including all breads, pastries, pastas and desserts. The Wine list is ever growing and includes something for all tastes with over 90 different wines. The restaurant offers a Early bird menu 7 days available from 5 - 7 pm and a full A la carte menu from 5 - 10 PM. Lunch is available from 1 - 2:30 PM on Sunday.
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I had the pleasure of eating in this great restaurant with my mother and my five year old son one evening some weeks ago. I have never taken the time to write a review of any other restaurant I have visited but made an exception in this case. The first comment has to be for the great service - we were loaded down with shopping on this Saturday evening and decided to try this restaurant because of the previous reviews on Trip Advisor. Most families will be aware that shopping bags and fancy restaurants do not mix but we were made to feel very welcome and no request made of the staff was too much trouble. The restaurant is not vast in terms of space cosy and intimate are words that spring to mind but welcoming informal and relaxed at the same time. The food has to be seen and tasted to be believed but as other comments have stated the presentation is second to none - my son who would not be the most adventurous eater helped me finish off my plate of scallops and black pudding! Each of us had starter, main course and dessert and cleaned our plates of all food - the creme brulee dessert is to die for. Looking around the now crowded room as we left at 8pm I doubted that we would have gotten as good of food or service in any other top restaurants. If you are in Letterkenny in the evenings and are looking for a place to eat do not pass this restaurant - you will not be dissapointed.

1  Thank Jacob111Blue
There are newer reviews for The Lemon Tree

Reviewed May 31, 2011

recently myself and five friends decided to try the lemon tree as we had heard some good feed back from other friends. Our first impression of the staff was not that great unfortunately and this took away from the overall experience. firsly one member of our table was 10 minutesearly and during the time she waswaiting she was not offered a drink of given a jug of water. Also we only were informed of what was off the menu when ordering which was also a bit annoying. In general there was a lack of personality and lack of attention to the costumers.
However it was agreeded by everyone that the food was very very good. The presentation of the food itself was so eye-catching and attractive. One member of our party as for the chef to prepare a surprise dish and boy were we surprised!! Many complements to the chef. If there was any fault with the food it would be the small portion sizes but the taste made up for it.
This is a lovely restaurant with amazing food however we felt the the staff was a big let down on the night.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Went to The Lemon Tree over the Easter Week with hubby and two kids. No kids menu but they offer a smaller portion of the adult menu. We'd been here before a few years back and it hasn't changed. The food is amazing. Very relaxing atmosphere. My older girl took pics of her main course and desert, she was definitely impressed. The deserts were fabulous. Quite pricey but well worth it. Clean plates all round. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank francophile4
Reviewed April 10, 2011

As much as I love travelling abroad, I love surprises like the Lemon Tree. Great food- love the menu, great atmosphere and good service.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

Had a fantastic meal in the Lemon Tree on Saturday night 6th Feb 2011. We were in Letterkenny for the weekend and our overall experience was great. Our hotel recomended we book a table in the lemon tree for saturday as we ate with them on the friday night. We were booked in for 8pm, when we arrived a little early and our table was not ready but within 2 minutes they had us seated.
3 very friendly staff who seemed to be in 100% control of a very packed restaurant. There were many big parties which gave a great atmosphere and for our table at the back I could just see into the kitchen which was great.
The Food was just fantastic, we got a complimentary appitiser first and then my wife had mushroom on toast which looked kind of like a spring roll and it has a little mushroom soup with it, I had the scallops which were excellent, a little small but perfectly cooked with black pudding.
For main course I choose the sea bass which was great and she had a duo of meats
(lamb and fillet steak) which made my mouth mater when i seen it. A side order each with this. Desserts were home made - a lemon tart and creme brulee. Fantastic.
we were recomended a wine by the wine waiter as the list was long, after asking what style we were looking for he came out with a chaniti which would not have been our choice at all but we went for it and were very pleased - just what we like but something I would have never choose. All in all a excellent experience and we will be back. meal came to 89 euros which was for this standard great value.

1  Thank mickomac