“Lovely, laid-back place”
Review of Pats on the Square

Pats on the Square
Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: We are in the Market square, right in the centre of town, half way down the main street. We are a 50 seater restaurant, recently renovated. The kitchen and foyer are downstairs and the restaurant is upstairs. We are a bistro style establishment, we serve pizza, pasta, steak, fish, chicken and salads. Our emphasis is on fresh, local and organic where possible. We have been in the same building for 30 years and are family run.
County Donegal, Ireland
“Lovely, laid-back place”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Fast service, wonderful generous portions of excellent pasta and a nice laid-back atmosphere. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Catherine S
patspizzaLetterkenny, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thanks Catherine, we're looking forward to seeing you again, Mary x

• Polish first
Drogheda, Ireland
“Good taste”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was in letterkenny recently and i enquired about someplace to eat...pats on the square was suggested. I didn't know what to make of it at first as it didn't seem over plush... I have to say the food was beautiful and tasty the service was top class and the value was very noticeable... A starter for two, two main courses one desert and a bottle of wine 65 euro.... Good atmosphere, good food, good value.. Well done you have it right.. If i am back in letterkenny i will eat there again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Patrick M
patspizzaLetterkenny, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Good food, good atmosphere and good value, exactly what we are trying to achieve, every time we serve a customer. Thank you Patrick.
Kind regards,
Mary
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Stick to Pizza”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been in Pats many times, and the food has always been excellent, but this time it was not as good. Perhaps this was because I made the wrong choice - pasta with aubergine and olives in a tomato sauce - but a restaurant needs to be judged by all of the menu options. I can't say I really enjoyed the meal: it was too stodgy, the aubergine was overcooked and there wasn't much flavour in the sauce. The service was impeccable though (staff are always smiling and helpful), and the house wine is great value. Next time I'll be going for the pizza though.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank JessieJDawson
patspizzaLetterkenny, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Jesse,
I am really sorry you did not enjoy the vegetable ragu, thank you very much for bringing my attention to it, I will be monitoring it closely.
You are a regular customer and we really appreciate that,
thank you for complimenting our service.
Hopefully we will be seeing you for many years to come.
Kind Regards,
Mary
Galway, Ireland
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The little Italian is a gem in the middle of letterkenny. We were on holidays in kerrykeel and visited this place twice on a five day holiday. It is real good tasting food not the normal bland stuff you get that fulls you up but has amazing flavor to it.
Many thanks

Visited July 2014
patspizzaLetterkenny, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much. I am really pleased you enjoyed our restaurant, We are very fussy and make a great effort to source local, organic and genuine ingredients, then we keep it fresh and simple. Hope you got the good spell of weather while you were in Donegal, we love showing off our beaches and countryside in the sunshine! MaryX
Letterkenny, Ireland
“I can Recommend”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have eaten in this Restaurant on 2 occasions and can recommend it to everyone. It was pleasant and the service was great. I will eat here again.

• Visited June 2014
patspizzaLetterkenny, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you very much for writing this recommendation, we really appreciate you taking the time.
Mary.