The Court Yard Hotel
$247
$179
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
All reviewscourtyard hotelexecutive suitearthur's barpiano barbank restaurantbar foodbig screenguinness breweryoutdoor areabooked this hotelthree course mealmid week breaklovely hotelcomfortable roomdublin city centreboth nightsreception staff
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here on 26/8/13 for two nights B&B and 1 dinner.The staff at reception were amazing and always so helpful and pleasant.The room was nice with all the normal facilities and was quiet.The bar and The courtyard were really lovely and it was great sitting outside in the evening for a few drinks.The town was also lovely with really pleasant locals and it was easy to take a trip into Dublin on the bus.
The only negative comment we could make were due to the restaurant.It was a bit chaotic both at dinner and breakfast,and the waiting staff didnt seem to be very well organised.One of the waiters came across a little annoyed when i asked for a fork for my breakfast.This was only one of a number of problems we had at breakfast on the first morning.Luckily on the second morning,there was a young waitress that was excellent and could have ran the show all on her own!!
When we were checking out the receptionist was so so pleasant.She is a real credit to the hotel and is what others should aspire to.Unfortunately I didnt name,but she offered us change for the tolls and printed us a map to our next destination!She even wrote the hotels phone number on the map and said to ring her if we got lost!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013
RRamjan, General Manager at The Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

CLAIREBEAR121

I am delighted that your visit to Leixlip and the Court Yard met your expectations and thank you for the kind words which I will certainly pass on to my team. I have addressed the matter with our operational departments and with the food and beverage service team and we will aim to learn from your comments and ultimately improve our quality.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just back from a Groupon trip to the Courtyard Hotel. Lovely hotel and was warmly welcomed by reception folk - room fine with all the usual amenities and in a quiet end of the hotel. The hotel surprisingly does have a large courtyard fully given over to sports on a very large outdoor TV screen. No problem for me but I could see issues with other couples. Overall nice crowd - pleasant staff and a well run hotel. I was however let down by the restaurant - I had three meals during my stay and had problems at each mealtime. The restaurant is basically long and narrow and if you are unfortunate to be seated at the bottom service suffers considerably. The staff seem overworked but that may be too simple - they need a heavy dose of basic training. They have no system and serve whoever beckons them and demands attention - my visits for breakfast and dinner took hours and left me very cross as I had to repeatedly had to fetch various basic items from other tables and run after the staff to remind them our order was incorrect or was very long coming. I don't want to labour this point but the standard of service in the restaurant was very poor and took the shine from a lovely weekend in a great little hotel. Reception staff on the other hand were excellent - always willing to engage with pleasant conversation.

Room Tip: Didn't get one myself but a room over the river looked lovely
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCYH, Manager at The Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Strawhat139,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us and we are delighted to hear that you found us to be a lovely hotel and that you received a warm welcome from our Reception staff, as we pride ourselves on our customer service.

We are sorry to hear, however, that you found the service in our restaurant to be lacking and we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Please be assured that we take all customer feedback very seriously as it can only help us learn & improve.

Should you ever be visiting Leixlip in the future we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Court Yard Hotel.

The Management Team

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Got a great deal from Groupon & it was well worth it.

Hotel is very clean, staff on reception & bar staff very friendly, although restaurant staff were a bit cold & fed up.

Food was grand, breakfast ample & great outdoor bar with large plazma screen.

Would definitely stay again, only 15 minute drive from Dublin

• Stayed: August 2013
RRamjan, General Manager at The Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

I am the General Manager at the Court Yard Hotel , Leixlip and I am writing in regards to your recent stay. I am delighted that your visit to Liexlip and the Court Yard met your expectations and thank you for the kind words which I will certainly pass on to my team. I will certainly pass on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager in regards to restaurant staff and thank you for taking your time for your feed back, as all feedback is most valuable to the success of our delivery of service.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Back from a 2 night stay (25th & 26th August 2013) at the Courtyard Hotel, Leixlip, what a Gem, and in a lovely little village, this is our second time here, (stayed last November 2012) couldnt resist another trip, this time we brought some friends.

Arrived to a very warm welcome at reception from Kris, very friendly and helpful.

Our rooms next to each other on the ground floor were very comfortable, and clean, with a view of the river garden, really nice. all the expected amenites included.

Included in our deal was a welcome drink and an evening meal on one evening, which we had already booked for the second evening prior to arrival by email.
Food in the hotel is fantastic, both breakfast and dinner, the bar was busy in the evening but still seating available both inside and outside in the courtyard.

The Courtyard Hotel is a great location, so close to Dublin but relaxing and peaceful to enjoy walks around the village.

Would highly recommend this Gem of a Hotel, you will not be disappointed, friendly helpful staff make you feel welcome, especially Owen, nothing seems to be to much bother, thank you.

We will return.

Room Tip: Garden or River view is lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I am the General Manager at the Court Yard Hotel , Leixlip and I am writing in regards to your recent stay. I am delighted that your visit to Leixlip and the Court Yard met your expectations and thank you for the kind words which I will certainly pass on to my team.Thank you for introducing the hotel for friends and hope to see you in the near future.

Once again,thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here last week, with my family on a Groupon Package Deal.
The staff were very helpfull at booking and arranged 2x x rooms next door to each other.
On arrival my wife and son were welcomed with a Birthday Card and Balloons in our rooms, which was a nice touch.
We had a 3 course meal on the first night as part of our package, and the food was excellent, although the 1x single waitress was run off her feet.
The breakfast was again good but a bit confusing as the hot food has to be ordered ( not buffet style), which although helps with the quality, slows the whole process up, agian espacially was there was only 2 x staff dealing with the whole restaurant.

The rooms on the second floor, were clean but very tired and could do with modernisation, to brighton up and the furniture etc was well worn and dated as was the decor.The bathroom especially was realkly in need of attention with a broken tiolet set and sealing around the bath / shower very poor.

Overall a good value stay, with the Groupon Deal, staff made the stay, hotel needs attention.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian C

Brian C

Our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had during your stay at our Hotel, and for the small errors that keep surfacing in our delivery of service. I would like to assure you that this will be a key focus of mine and the team here to change and hopefully on your next visit us these changes will be implemented.

Once again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you in the Court Yard hotel in the near future.