“Fantastic stay at the Springfield”
Review of Springfield Hotel

Springfield Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
“Fantastic stay at the Springfield”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Springfield Hotel a couple of weeks ago. The experience was so good that I have to share it. From the minute we walked in the door till the minute we left the next day, it felt like home. We were welcomed at reception by a very hospitable lady. The staff in the restaurant could not have been more helpful and friendly. The food was very tasty and just the right amount. The service was very efficient and the food was hot when it arrived at the table.
We enjoyed ourselves so much that we are going back again on this Friday night to relive the experience.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I attended a wedding reception here and stayed overnight and was very impressed. The service at the wedding was great followed by a great meal. The hotel is in a good location just outside Leixlip Co. Kikdare and easy to find. On arrival the hotel is welcoming although the front desk was slow to check in but there was an influx of guests that arrived at the same time. After checking in we went to our room and it was nice, clean and comfortable, I was impressed although drainage in the bathroom sink needs to be looked at. Pre reception drinks were held in the bar and the service was good and so were the prices. After a great night we retired to our room and slept comfortably. Breakfast the following morning let me down a little bit as it was just average, there is room for improvement here. Had to wait for a table to be set and then service was slow, don't know why as there was not many in the room at 10am. The full Irish was just ok as I have had better but it can be improved. Overall this is a nice hotel and I would stay here again as I enjoyed the visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Pardaig_Kennedy, General Manager at Springfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Peter O,
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We love when guests use Trip Advisor to give us feed back, as it allows us to access our performance and standards and make changes or improvements were required. With this in mind we have reviewed our check-in procedure for days when there is a wedding, as all the guests arrive at the same time to check-in, which is probably what caused your delay. With regards to breakfast, following your comments we have changed supplier of some of our breakfast items and added some new ones!

Once again thanks for your nice complements regarding our staff, food etc, I will be sure to pass on your complements to the relevant staff members.

Pardaig Kennedy
General Manager.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed for two nights at end February, whilst attending a wedding at another venue. The hotel was very pleasant with friendly and helpful staff at reception, restaurant and bar. Our room was reasonably spacious with a comfortable large double bed, usual fittings and nice bathroom suite. Room was a bit too warm on arrival but we just turned down the radiator valve, which solved the problem. My wife had the full Irish breakfast, which she enjoyed, whilst I had the continental buffet - juices, cereals, jams, toast etc - which was quite adequate for me. we had dinner one night (included in our package) in the restaurant. Although this was not the full a la carte menu displayed on the website, a wide menu was offered and the food quality and service was excellent. We brought our own drinks to the table from the bar,but a nice touch was that a jug of water was automatically provided free of charge as part of the meal. Two courses plus coffee/tea were included in our dinner package, with a third course available for an extra Euro5.5 per person. Excellent value.

We had a quiet room on the second floor at the back of the hotel, staying Thursday and Friday night, which was mostly fine. We attended a wedding on Friday away from the hotel and returned to the hotel just after midnight. A birthday party celebration was still underway which we could hear slightly from our room, but it was not much of a problem and seemed to finish shortly afterwards. The hotel itself appears to be a popular wedding venue so I suspect a midweek stay is likely to be queiter than a weekend stay.

All in all, we had a very pleasant stay. We would recommend the two night B&b plus dinner on one night package as very good value at Euro160 total for two people. We used Suntransfers for transfers from and back to Dublin airport - excellent service and very price competitive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pardaig_Kennedy, General Manager at Springfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Margaretandgraharr,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We deeply appreciate your nice comments regarding the standards of service, food and accommodation. I will be sure to pass your complements on to all the relevant staff and we look forward to seeing you again.

Pardaig Kennedy.
General Manager.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We booked our christening reception with the hotel, and the service we have received is terrible.
We booked at the beginning of January this year for our reception in March 2013, we booked a private room for dinner, we had a large enough group which would include children and we wanted space for them to be entertained. Our booking was confirmed by mail. Invitations were sent.
I emailed last week, after 3 days they replied to my mail to say the room was " already booked" and they would be moving our party to the ballroom which we would " have to share with other customers".
We called to say this wasn't what we reserved, we only booked with the hotel as we needed a private room, but the manager said all he could do was place us there but give us a discount on the meal.
After a week of calling other places, today... 2 weeks before the Christening we have found a venue.
As a token of goodwill they have offered us a voucher for dinner! The last place we will ever go is back to The Springfield Hotel!

Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Walshj16
Lillesand, Norway
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We celebratedvmy wifes birthday with 96 guests at the hotel. We enjoyed excellent service and very friendly staff in the reception, bars, restaurants and room service. If you are planning a big party we recommend the Springfield hotel Leixlip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were married in the Springfield in 2005, and have been guests at two more since then, the last in 2010. We often have sunday carvey too. As parents to 4 kids we rarely get away so this weekend we booked the springfield as it was close to home. We'd the package for room breakfast and a evening meal for two for under 100 euro which i though was a great price. We arrived at the hotel at 2, and had a quick check in and booked our table. The reception staff were lovely. We went up to our room and dropped off our bag. The room was a grand size. But it seemed to have a large open space at the window where i presumed a table and chairs might have been?? We left and headed to the bar, the wedding party had arrived and the bar and reception area was fairly busy. We sat at the bar itself. And started to watch the rugby. 35 minutes into the match a man shouted across to the bar man to put on the united football match and just like that he changed it. We sat a bit bemused and instead we watched the rugby through my husbands phone at the bar. As the wedding guests were in the bar area the service was fine, quick, we even had bar food, it was lovely. The wedding party didn't leave to the reception area til after 5 and then the bar seemed to become very hard to get a drink in. Not a bar man in site. At 5.30 we decided to go up to the room and get changed for dinner and to watch the England rugby match in our room. I was a little annoyed at this stage. Watching the wedding guests brought back lovely memories for me but I was shockingly disappointed with what I was experiencing today as a "normal" guest. Myself and my husband decided to pass on dinner. We stayed in our room for the rest of the evening. The hotel was extremely loud, we could hear the DJ but that was to be expected. It wasn't too late when the reception finished. This morning we went down for breakfast and had an open mind to maybe yesterday the staff were just simply rushed off their feet. We were only 1 of maybe 5 couples in the restaurant . We were asked our room number and told to sit anywhere, then a lady just shouted over to us and said you'll have 2 full Irish breakfast?? I said yes please and we asked for tea. I felt like the whole restaurant now knew what we were eating!!! When it came out it was awful. 2 pieces of burned bacon, 1 burnt sausage, 2 pieces or chared pudding that i couldn't see which was white or black and tomato and fried egg. We were also given 2 slices of toast a 2 slices of soda bread between us! I took a photo of my breakfast to prove it. Nobody came near us again! More guests arrived and were also asked there order the same way, while standing waiting to be told what to do next!!! It was all very odd and the fact that it wasn't busy made it seem even more disappointing. I was glad i hadnt had to sit through dinner if this was how guests were treated. We checked out at 10 and again the receptionist was lovely. I coukd have let rip at her, but it wasnt her fault, it was the other staff who had let the hotel down. I loved this hotel and the memories it will always have for me and my husband and family, but this particular trip ill happily forget. I really hope that there will be improvements soon because id hate to think that ill never be back again.

• Stayed February 2013
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just celebrated our sons christening at this hotel and it was such a great day I had to write a review. The hotel were extremely accommodating and helpful when I was planning the day and the room they provided for us was perfect. We had a party for approx 40 people including small children and the room was perfect size and decorated beautifully.

We opted for finger food and tea and coffee, great price and really tasty! All staff were really friendly and we had a great celebration.

Thanks to all at the Springfield Hotel, I would highly recommend for anyone planning a party or event.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy804
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lucan
Finnstown Castle Hotel
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club
Osprey Hotel & Spa

Been to Springfield Hotel? Share your experiences!