“Overpriced and Uncomfortable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leixlip
Leixlip House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed here for one night. Never again. Charged me 85 Euro, even though i had no breakfast. Someone should tell them theres a recession on. Its more like a B&B than a Hotel. Noise from nightclubbers coming home kept me awake all night. Situated beside a housing estate. Poor Service from Staff. Bed was uncomfortable and checking out was a joke. No one at front desk.

Can't beleive this place stays in business

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank Joesoap1

Reviewed February 21, 2010

My husband & I stayed here this weekend and had such a lovely time. The hotel is so charming, big roaring fire in the reception hall, cozy decor throughout. Our room was very spacious and spotless, very comfortable.
Breakfast & the dining room were both wonderful.
Hotel has great location, we were able to stroll down the hill into Leixlip village.
One of the nicest places I've stayed in recently. Would absolutely recommend it to everyone!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Have to say that i was very nicely surprised, this place looks lovely from outside and when you are walking in looks a little bit small but it's actually quiet big. Receptionist was lovely overall staff was very good. Violet on the phone was just brilliant.

Rooms are cozy as actually the hole hotel. You have coffee/tea facility, very comfortable bed, a little bit small TV but i didn't really care about that. In bathroom there was shower not sure if there are rooms with bath.

Corridors might need a little bit of updating, but i'll not complaint about that.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Spent two nights in this lovely hotel last week with my partner and couldn't have enjoyed it more! we were given a complimentary upgrade on arrival which was great and the bedroom was spacious and had a really traditional style (four poster bed) and had a large desk/work area which was convenient also. We had dinner on one night in their restaurant, and lunch in the lobby are the next day. Both areas had great food and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Overall really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anyone visiting the area for work (like myself) or for pleasure (my wife!)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2009

welcoming atmosphere, Loved the room, dinner and breakfast superb. Lovely staff very helpful and pleasant. Will return again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed in Leixlip House Hotel at the end of April for my sister's wedding. Most of the guests were staying overnight in the hotel. The wedding was wonderful and the staff were very nice. The hotel doesn't have any grounds to speak of, but if you need to take photos you can make the short walk to a sister hotel close by. The food at the reception was tasty and beautifully presented.
HOWEVER! The bedrooms are small (our would just take a small double bed), badly furnished, shabby and in need of refurbishment. Our room had a badly stained carpet (dont want to think about what the stains were), the curtains were in danger of falling down, the wardrobe door kept swinging open and the television was balanced on the luggage rack! There was no lock on the bathroom door and nowhere in the shower cubicle to leave soap or shampoo. For this "elegance" we were charged €150 for the night. This in a time of recession and when our party was filling the hotel for them on a night when it probably would not have been full. Other guests also felt the rooms left a lot to be desired. Breakfast next morning was terrible. I asked for scrambled eggs and instead of the soft creamy eggs that I would make for myself I got a mound of eggy bits mixed with chopped onions and herbs! For breakfast!! I should have complained but I didn't because my sister would have been upset. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank AustinL
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I walked in to the Leixlip House, very tired, looking for a room. I found not only a room, but a wonderful "secret" outside of Dublin. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was on par with many manor houses and castles that I've stayed in recently. The amenities (robe, slippers, free internet, etc.) were classic. White duvets, heavy curtains, roomy bathroom, etc. I went down for a quick bite, and had a wonderful dinner, again, great service, and ended the evening with an irish coffee, as good as any I've had. I will stay here again and give high recommendations for this small hotel. Convenient to Dublin City, and the airport.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
Barberstown Castle
Barberstown Castle
#2 of 2 in Straffan
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Leixlip House Hotel? Share your experiences!