“A little gem!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Sligo, Ireland
“A little gem!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

On a recent business trip to Leixlip, a colleague recommended this hotel for lunch. Had a lovely meal in the bar, where the waitress was very attentive and obliging. On being given the rate for B & B, I decided to stay the night. I was given Room 201 - the bridal suite!! Beautiful large room at front of hotel with four poster bed, covered in cushions and pillows. Also extremely large bathroom. As this hotel is an old country house, there are alot of steps and twists and turns. This all adds to its' charm but probably not very practical for everyone. Breakfast next morning was in the dining room - linen tablecloths and vases of roses. A very nice hot breakfast and wonderful brown bread, served by the nice waitress who had served me in the bar the day before. An exceptionally nice hotel, with lovely staff. I'll be back again, but next time will bring my husband to share the bridal suite!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lainey1427

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My self and my new husband had our wedding at the Leixlip House on the 20th June and it was an amazing day from start to finish. Stuart, Emma and Anthony and the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpfully, food was simply delicious. We had the most relaxed perfect day every. The hotel packages for the weddings are good value. The honeymoon suite in Portugal was absolutely amazing would highly recommend it. We want to thank Terry our chauffeur for the day, Sharon for the amazing flowers and Tasty Bakes for our lovely cake and the dj for getting everyone up to boogie on the dance floor. Thank you to everyone involved for our special unforgettable amazing day.

Therése and James

3 Thank Therése O
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business, most recently in March 2014. The hotel is quintessentially Irish manor house and that is a welcome change from cookie cutter hotels in the USA. The staff is extremely friendly and public areas are great for pint with colleagues or to unwind a bit after a long days work. The rooms are cozy and could use an update but everything works and they deliver on a good nights sleep. The morning breakfast is always a delight.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank MGM50
Reviewed June 17, 2014

my self and my new husband had our wedding here on the 14th of june i have to say from start to finish it was an amazing day... the hotel staff could have not done a better job everyone of our guest comment on how helpful they were
thank you so much to all the team on the day you could not have done anymore for us, anyone out there that is looking to book a wedding please do not miss this hotel the package that they offer is truly amazing flowers cake car band dj and even a honeymoon
i want to say a big thank you to the dj on the night really got the dance floor hoping in saying that the dance floor was hoping from the moment the band started so thank you to everyone who made my day a truly unforgetable day..

3 Thank lizbrady14
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had our wedding at Leixlip House Hotel on Sat 7th June. We chose the 5 star ultimate wedding package and it was amazing!!!

The cake, flowers, car, band and honeymoon are all included in this so it made it very easy to organise.
We booked with Trina who couldn't have been more helpful and the reason we booked the hotel was because of how friendly and efficient the staff were and the relaxing atmosphere.

Emma was our wedding co ordinator who went above and beyond to assist us in the planning of our wedding. She was always so warm and accomodating and is great at her job!!!

When we had our menu tasting we were really happy we booked this hotel because the food is delicious. I never tasted roast beef like it in my life!!!!

On our wedding day itself I couldn't have asked for more. Stuart, Tracey and Anthony were on hand to assist us in any way they could. Myself and Colm were looked after so well. The atmosphere was great and everyone had a great time. I can highly recommend this hotel for a wedding and have nothing negative to say about it. A big thank to all the staff again and I will write another review after our 5 star honeymoon in Portugal!!!

Looking forward to our anniversary dinner!!
See you soon
Siobhan & Colm

2 Thank Siobhan C
Navan
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I attended my daughters wedding last Saturday in this hotel.The whole experience was excellent from start to finish. Excellent staff, good facilities and very good room.
The meal was excellent. Only quibble was the bar service at the reception was poor. Very long wait to be served.
I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joscarroll
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We got married here on Friday and I really wanted to get this review in before we go on our honeymoon.
We booked our wedding almost a year ago and from the minute we booked the staff could not have been better. Emma and Stuart are fantastic with everything and making sure everything is perfect. Any little hiccups were smoothed over in no time. Nothing was too much trouble.
The day itself was absolutely fantastic. The ceremony in the hotel was lovely. The room was beautiful. We were then brought to the Leixlip manor for our photos and the canapes were served to our guests which everyone said were gorgeous. When we came back Stuart met us to check the room which was perfect too. The meal was gorgeous and all of our guests raved about it. Every single person said the food was amazing and they had plenty. All of the staff were brilliant during service. The band 'rewind' were really good and had everyone up on the floor...even had our 2 year old up dancing. The dj Adam was again great getting really involved dancing and getting everyone up. I could not find fault with any of the suppliers used, any of the staff or anything else. Our room was decorated really well and our champagne breakfast was brought up on time and was really nice. All in all if I could give 10 stars I would. Massive thank you to Emma, Stuart and all the staff for a perfect and memorable day..Lorna and Mark.

2 Thank Buttons15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
Finnstown Castle Hotel
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Leixlip House Hotel? Share your experiences!