“What a great hotel,”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leixlip
Leixlip House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would like to thank all the staff at the Leixlip house hotel for a lovely weekend that I had there at a friends wedding, my complements to the chef the food was fantastic. The staff are lovely and friendly and couldn't help me enough, I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. I really enjoyed my stay in a lovely friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Loulou20101

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel is all talked up but no show. Ditto the food, all talked up but just over priced, basic edibles. No baths in their bathrooms!! No tea/coffee making facilities in room. entire hotel smelt old, musty, dank and unhealthy. only tiny tv in room - surprised they even had one. Unpleasent, brisk staff Especially the male receptionists who were unhelpful and completely indifferent to guest's needs. air of impatience with most of the staff. website is misleading - rooms very small and haggered and as stated above, don't even provide a bath. no mixer tap in hand-basin. No wooden floors in the bedrooms despite having boasted about it on the website and the furniture was very dirty. bathroom was unsightely. Insects in the room. I've had more comfortable stays in hotels charging considerably less along with B&B's simply because they were clean, comfy and had polite and kind staff and provided all the basics that you would expect as standard. this place is not what it says on the tin. My advice: stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Dissapointed G
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Leixlip House is a venue I've frequented many times over the years and have always enjoyed the ambiance and the quality of the food and service. Today at 17.00 I arranged to meet a friend there to have a glass of wine. As we made our way to the bar it was obvious that the hotel was awaiting the arrival of a wedding party. We made our way to the bar and I went and ordered two glasses of wine. I was asked was I a guest at the wedding, and on hearing I wasn't I was told that in no uncertain terms that I could not be served as the hotel was closed until 18.00 to facilitate a private function...needless to say I was singularly unimpressed! There was no
sign outside stating this to be the case. I would suggest that if the Leixlip House Hotel wishes to follow in the footsteps of its close neighbour and become a wedding venue then it do so.....however if it wishes to continue to operate as a general hotel then consideration needs to be given to all it's patrons and and when THEY might like to visit the hotel!! I won't be going back!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Eva H
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spent two nights there recently - midweek. The staff were very pleasant and the food good. Bar prices are a bit steep however. Not many people there as the hotel has very few attractions to offer. Four other hotels in Leixlip!

Room Tip: Look for a Superior Room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RetireeOldcastle
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had our wedding in Leixlip House Hotel recently and it was a fantastic experience (sunny day also!). Stuart and his team made the process of planning a wedding easy and fun and we had confidence in the hotel. In contrast to other hotels, Leixlip House truly does provide a bespoke wedding, allowing you to add and subtract certain things. We had our ceremony in the hotel itself, and the decor created an intimate atmosphere. All of our guests thought that the food, setting, and staff were second to none. We would also recommend this as a short-break venue as the restaurant food is very tasty and the accommodation comfortable.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We recently had our wedding in the Leixlip House Hotel on the 3 April 2013 and we would to take this opportunity to thank Stewart and the amazing team for everything. From the time we booked it to the actual day it was just unbelevable how obliging and professional every member of the team were. No matter what requests or queries we had nothing was a problem and everything was dealt with in a prompt manner. The team made our special day a day that we will never forget and will always treasure . Not only did they make our day special but as part of the five star package the honeymoon was also provided and this too was an amazing experience. To put it in summary it may have been described as the five star package it was definitely more like 10 star sevice and we would do it all over again thanks to Stewart ant his fantastic team at the Leixlip house hotel. Thanks so much Anthony and Patricia Walsh.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We planned our wedding here for end of November 2012, from the very moment we met Stuart (our wedding co-ordinator) and the rest of the staff at Leixlip House hotel, we knew that our wedding would go off without a hitch. The ambience of the venue, the professionalism and overall commitment of the staff to helping realise our wedding day made the process of organising everything extremely easy.

We were looking for a vintage theme and Leixlip House has a perfect old-world style from the welcoming fire in the lobby, to the decor and very well kept vintage furniture. The hotel was decorated for Christmas at the time and this added an extra special something. The small, intimate style of the venue allowed us to book out all of the bedrooms which gave an extra private feel to our wedding.

The bridal suite is spacious and extremely romantic with a large 4-poster bed, chaise longue and jacuzzi bath, perfect for winding down after a fun filled day. From what we saw of the other rooms in the hotel, these are all well appointed and very comfortable, our guests were all very happy.

Stuart did a great job of working with us during the planning, my wife has several food allergies and he was extremely accommodating, even promising to keep all potential bride-killing foods out of the kitchen entirely on the day. Any particularly important aspects which we highlighted to Stuart for the big day, were handled perfectly and given the necessary level of attention which made us feel very relaxed and taken care of on the lead up to the day. (The mother's and my wife were at the RDS wedding fair about a month after we made our booking, while my wife was off getting a hair trial, the two mothers met Stuart without knowing he was who we were dealing with and when our names were mentioned, he was able to recall all the details of our booking.)

The number of staff serving during dinner meant that all the meals came out very promptly, and no one was left waiting. The staff during all of our visits to Leixlip House have always been very friendly and even remember us months later after the wedding when we go back for lunch or dinner. The staff are really committed to making each bride and groom feel special.

The food..... we love our food, and this is one of the reasons we chose Leixlip House Hotel. We took the Bradaun package for our menu which gave us 3 choices per course for our guests to select from. All of our guests found the range of choice really set the menu apart and were highly complimentary of the food and service. We'd been told by people who were already married they were barely aware of their meal on the day, this was definitely not the case for us!

Aside from the meal, the day itself went off without a hitch, we could trust in Stuart and the Staff to make sure every little detail was already taken care of, and we could relax and enjoy ourselves with our friends and family. We also stayed the night after the wedding and had a great night just being guests at the hotel.

Leixlip house has become one of our favourite regular spots for Sunday lunch or dinner, we recommend it to all of our friends and we are thoroughly looking forward to spending our first anniversary at the hotel together. There is no part of our wedding day that we look back on and think could have been better, a big thank you to Stuart and all the staff at Leixlip House for helping to make our day perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
Barberstown Castle
Barberstown Castle
#2 of 2 in Straffan
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Leixlip House Hotel? Share your experiences!