“Great food and atmosphere”

Leixlip House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in Leixlip
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Leixlip House is a nice place with a nice intimate feel. The food, which you can have in the lounge or the very homely foyer, is always good and nicely presented by very nice staff, who save the tables. With ample parking and proximity to Main St. it is ideally located. You always get the sense of occasion there. It would be our place of choice in Leixlip. We don't have shares there, we have no connection with the place and we've never met the owners, so this is a genuine objective opinion.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We recently travelled with my husband's extended family for a meal here for my Mother-in-law's 70th birthday. We had a lovely meal with the eldest to youngest (5) well catered for. A really lovely waitress, tasty freshly cooked food, lovely location. Thanks for a great evening.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Myself and a few friends went for dinner here last night. They have a 'Ladies Night' Promotion which was great value. We had two courses and a glass of wine for €20.95. We sat in the bar beside the fire which was lovely, and very cosy on a winters night. I had the turkey and ham which was delicious and my friends had the salmon which must have been delicious as they both cleared their plates. The Eton Mess for dessert was fantastic . The young woman serving us was very friendly. I will definitely be returning here for another meal sometime.

1  Thank lilywhite1
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Myself and my sister went here for Dinner last weekend, to say that the experience was out of this world is an understatement. we dined in the Bradaun Restaurant, we did not book a table but that was not a problem and we were treated like royalty the minute we walked in. Firstly the choices were to die for. My sister ordered the Hake dish for Main and i ordered the lamb, accompanied by a glass of Red Wine this went down a treat. We decided we may as well have dessert besides whats a meal without one! on this course it was just wow!! there was so much to choose from i went with the Sticky Toffee Pudding, Alison chose the Chocolate Cheesecake I have to say they were both delicious.
Now for the Customer Service, Another wow factor, the waitress was full of smiles and nothing was to much trouble, she checked up on us and it gave off a very friendly atmosphere the waitress on the night was Monica & the manager Tanya made us feel so at ease (i can now class these women as friends). i must say as we left there was a number of staff thanking us and saying goodnight even one held the door for us and offered to walk us to our car (we had bags with us, we went shopping :))
As a result of our dining experience, We have now fell in love with Leixlip House Hotel

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were guests at a wedding not long ago in the hotel.

Firstly let me say I rang a week before the wedding and asked what the menu was as I am on a restricted diet. I was told to basically sling it so my initial impressions of the hotel were a bit dubious.

However when we arrived we were handed mojito cocktails - well we are Irish! I was well impressed. The hotel is a hold house and is kept exceptionally well - lovely place. There is a lack of grounds which is the only thing.

I then thought to ask reception what the dinner menu was due to my diet issues. I was told it was mushroom pasta - score! I can eat that! So we went to the dinner and it was just lovely. Had chicken in salad to start (my friend got all of that the lucky git!), then soup, then the pasta (or turkey and ham or Hereford roast beef) and dessert was apple crumble! YUM! It was the best wedding dinner I've had in a LONG time. Well done to the staff and chefs in the hotel.

The only slight thing is the ladies toilets - and I'm saying this to make the management aware and as a constructive thing. The toilets themselves are fine - they don't need a makeover. But fix the hand dryer, or put proper paper towels in dispenser. Tissues in boxes that end up all over the place and overflowing (I did say to one of the staff to go check out the toilets it was that bad) from the basket onto the floor and then stuck on the shoes is not nice. Please do something about that. It lets everything down when all the rest is super!

2  Thank Eithne O