“Nice lunch location”

Monks Ballyvaughan
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Ballyvaughan
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Monks we have a special love for the sea and you can taste it in every delicious mouthful of our authentic, traditional food – lovingly prepared with only the freshest and finest, locally-produced ingredients. And it’s all paired with the picture-postcard prettiness, harbour charm and welcoming country comfort that is the beautiful old fishing port of Ballyvaughan – pearl of the Burren.
Leeds
“Nice lunch location”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had lunch in Monks after a walk around Ballyvaughan and were impressed by the food and service. The pub is situated right by the water and has a warm welcoming atmosphere. Not the best value meal you'll ever experience, however was very pleasant to whittle away an hour or so by a warming fire.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
nj
“best memories of Ireland”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I do recommend this spot to all my American friends, it is genuine, good and wholesome.
I remember the big fireplace, seafood Chowder, brown bread and a pint of Guinness. Great on a cold Winter's day.

• Visited January 2013
Risca, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Tables were on the basic side and we were seated in the corner which was a bit tight - the food was ok but nothing special and the price was a bit heavy for what it was

Cork
“Wouldnt Make An Impression”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Called in for lunch with my brother and parents. I have to say I would not be impressed. On entering the place was very busy but not over-run (there was also a hunt in the village so you think they would have been prepared for a busy day). On entering we were just whisked by, by a unfriendly looking waitress. So we stood at the bar, got our own menus and waited. Not one of the people behind the bar looked like they wanted to serve us. One of the main ladies there, came over and filled a jug of water saying hello to us and then left. We got a seat in the end, and ordered. I don't know did they go out to cut the veg or something for the soup but it did take a while. While the soup was ok and the chowder. My brother and mum got the same dish but different quantities on the plate which was a bit much. Plus I think it was €12 for a goats cheese bruschetta and salad which was thin very thin slices of baquette lightly toasted with a goats cheese on it, smothered in marmalade.. I cant say I would go back there, overpriced for what you get, service and atmosphere have a lot to be desired

• Visited February 2013
galway
“best seafood in Clare”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a really great place to visit-great fish -really great old fashiones pub. Great service and really enjoyable afternoon. A great stop off on the way to Doolin.

Visited August 2012