“Perfect Irish Whiskey Bar”
Review of O'Loclainn's Pub

O'Loclainn's Pub
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Ballyvaughan
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We walked here after dinner so my husband could do a whiskey tasting. It's like stepping back in time- reminded me of going to the bar with my grandfather when I was younger. Our bar guide- Margaret I believe- was very knowledgable. It was a great mix of tourists and locals- had great pub conversation while we were there.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

A 'must' for any visitor to Ballyvaughan ! Whilst the Bar does not usually open until 8pm, it is worth the wait. Great ambience and great drinks, and friendly (family) staff. Will be back.............

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Had not been to o L OCHLAINNS. For some years .good to be back. Great chat drink and probably the cleanist toilets in Co Clare

2  Thank malbayone
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What can I say about this pub that hasn't already been said. It is an experience that everyone should experience. This pub only opens after 8 at night - they do not do food and there is no music - which is refreshing. This is an experience of a real Irish pub and not something manufactured. Guinness is excellent and there is an amazing range of whiskey with advice on the various blends. The owner is not alone very friendly but is a great source of information on things to do in the area. I look forward to walking in the door every time I visit Ballyvaughan.

1  Thank PatNor
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Step back in time here in this gem of a pub. No food, but a veritable whiskey museum with choices from around the globe. Bottles ranged on shelves to the ceiling. Margaret was an excellent host. Very comfortable place to stop and let the world go by.

2  Thank Chris B