“I absolutely LOVE Cappabhaile House so much that I've been back 10 times now!”
Review of Cappabhaile House

Cappabhaile House
Ranked #2 of 16 Ballyvaughan B&B and Inns
Rockville, Maryland
“I absolutely LOVE Cappabhaile House so much that I've been back 10 times now!”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Hello, Margaret and Conor,
I can’t believe I’ve yet to thank you for the wonderful time I had during spring break. I cannot be luckier to have found you there so many years ago, and I appreciate so much all that you do to make my stay so fun and relaxing. Especially, I love the music, and your information about the abandoned village being excavated so close to your place was so fascinating this year. A potential family connection to the area just gives me more reason to keep coming back. It’s hard to express all that the Burren and Cappabhaile House does for me when I’m there, and the effects linger for long after. I feel refreshed mentally, spiritually, and physically. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I tried to get some film of you playing and singing for all us guests, but I can't find a way to do that. If I can, I will - it was easily my favorite evening :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank optimistic20814

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Conor was an amazing source of knoweldge on the area (and the Irish economy!) and loaned us books to read aboiut the Burren. The house is very well laid out and has 10 bedrooms. Our bedroom was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was huge and quite extensive, we learnt not to order too much on the second day as there had been enough left over on the first day to take out for lunch, which they were very happy to give you the plates and coverings to do!

Room Tip: Let Conor know exactly what you want
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LongTallJ
Parkville, Missouri
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed here recently as part of our Irish vacation. The hosts of this B&B were great. The food was wonderful and the location is very convenient to everything we wanted to do. The beds were nice and firm (but not too firm) and we had lots of room. Sometimes this is lacking in a B&B. They had tea sets in every room for those who wanted their afternoon snack.
In the evening, we even had entertainment by the host and his local band.
The hosts were superb. They were very helpful and thoughtful throughout our stay. They had a computer in the lobby that we used to contact our kids back home which was nice also.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank breezyday44
home
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The Cappabhaile House is a very lovely B&B. My husband and I had a huge room in the back with a beautiful view of hillside. We had a perfect stay! The room was clean, beds comfortable, and large bathroom. The B&B is located on a quiet street within walking distance from town. Conor gave us great advice on resturant and in area and made reservations for our group. He arranged for us to see a private garden in the Burren region along with some great hikes.

Connor arrange a music jam session with himself, his son and cousin and my husband playing music for a couple hours in the evening. Connor has a great voice! It was a wonderful to hear the Irish music in a beautiful setting.

The breakfasts were great with several options to choice from. It was great having a fruit and cheese option or porridge option instead of the Irish Traditional breakfast of eggs and bacon.

My husband loved the experience that he returned for an extra four night while a few of us went to London for Chelsea Flower show.

I would definitely bring a group of friends here again. Looking forward to seeing Connor and family again!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back have a great view!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank highpointHome
Spain
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This well-run B&B combines professionalism and friendliness. It is ideally located to explore the wondrous Burren, and a couple of minutes drive into the lovely Ballyvaughan. Margaret and Conor are delightful hosts. They were very kind, particularly in accommodating our breakfast schedule. The rooms are huge and spotless. Lovely views of the Burren and fields, especially from the back rooms. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 28, 2011

During our trip to Ireland in April, 2011, we stayed in seven diferent B&B's. Cappabhaile House was by far the best accommodations of our entire trip. The room was large, the meal delicious, and the ambience was peaceful and beautiful. The most impressive thing was the help that Conor offered as we searched our ancestry in County Clare. After we checked in, he spent over an hour online helping with our search. His tips paid of wonderfully and we discovered the area where our family is from. He definitely went above and beyond. When we return to Ireland in the future, we will make this our home base. An amazing experience!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jomasamac
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The breakfast is HUGE and yummy. We loved the location close to the Burren. You can walk one way to town and we were given recommendation for excellent restaurants. Going the other way is a restored Irish castle and art center. We got great recommendations on a local talk and visited Cahor Bridge Garden, beautiful.

Room Tip: Corner room, Burren at back and cows on side.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyvaughan
Gregans Castle Hotel
#1 of 16 in Ballyvaughan
Ballyvaughan Lodge
Ballyvaughan Lodge
#3 of 16 in Ballyvaughan

Been to Cappabhaile House? Share your experiences!