I booked this accommodation because it was relatively near where my brother was staying with his family but also because they accepted dogs and I wanted to bring my two mutts with me from Dublin. The booking was simple! The price was VERY good as I had expected to be somewhat penalised for bringing the dogs but was delighted that the cost was €5 for one and only €7.50 to bring the two of them. I booked it quickly.
The place is really easy to find - bright yellow and gleaming in the sunshine! There were other dogs there on arrival and a number of people sitting out enjoying the last heat of the day (we arrived late at 10pm but had notified the hosts of this and they were most accommodating). I hopped out and was met by our hostess immediately - she gave us the key and brought us over to the little cottage just off the main house where we would be staying. The room was beautiful - far too beautiful for us dingy travellers and our hyper dogs! The bathroom was immaculate and the shower splendid. There were cushions galore and all the facilities you could ever want. It was a shame we were only staying one night!
Breakfast in the morning was quite the set up though I must admit the cooked breakfast was, perhaps, a little too 'posh' for my taste. I ordered the bacon and scrambled egg and it was a little work of art! (not a complaint at all - just an observation from someone who doesn't expect such finery I guess!).
Check out was a cinch :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Ballyvaughan, Drumcreehy House is a delightful country style home, boasting superb views of Galway bay and the surrounding Burren Landscape.Open fires, antique furnishings and a friendly and personal service by your conscientious hosts Bernadette and Armin, serve to make your stay both enjoyable and memorable.Ten ensuite bedrooms, decorated with old world charm, yet equipped with all modern conveniences (Telephone, TV, WiFi). Some enjoy magnificent sea views while others overlook the splendour of the Burren hinterland.Allow us to spoil you with our extensive continental buffet and a choice of delicious cooked breakfasts in a relaxed and homely atmosphere.Relax by the open fire and enjoy complimentary tea or coffee with cakes or help yourself to wine in our cosy honesty bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Drumcreehy Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drumcreehy Guest House Hotel Ballyvaughan
- Drumcreehy Country House Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren