“Cave Adventure”

Book In Advance
More Info
$36.47*
and up
Cliffs of Moher and Burren Day Trip Including Dunguaire Castle, Aillwee Cave...
More attraction details
Owner description: A striking collection of prehistoric underground caves.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I learned a lot about the history of the caves and how the formed and then discovered. The tour was a little shorter than I would of like for the price of €12, i thought it could of been a little longer. But i enjoyed it immensely

There are newer reviews for Aillwee Cave

Reviewed May 27, 2013

half hour tour of cave with a very informative guide. may not be spectacular but worth a visit.ps: 2euro discount when booked online!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Skip the caves.....just walk the trails and see the Birds of Prey exhibit. It was a wonderful interactive exhibit and demonstration of an array of raptors and birds of prey. You could walk around and see the birds up close in their shelters, but the biggest thrill was seeing the demonstration in a small outdoor arena. The bird handlers were very knowledgeable and willing to share the birds with the tourists. I would say it was one of the highlights of our trip to Ireland....very educational, a great experience for people of all ages.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I am so glad we stopped at the Aillwee Caves and discovered the Birds of Prey exhibit. Although I did not travel with a family I still think this would be great for someone who has kids because they let you hold the birds and you learn all about them. They have so many beautiful birds there and I got to hold an eagle from South Africa, which was awesome. At both the Cave and the Birds Exhibit the guide/ trainers were so knowledgeable and friendly. I really enjoyed both. The Cave was less desirable to me as it is very short and not what I expected but it was still fun and something different to experience.

3  Thank yaaburnee
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The caves themselves are not that large but it's definitely worth stopping off for the birds of prey exhibition, especially if they are having demonstrations. We were very lucky and managed to see 2 separate demos of different birds and got to handle them also.

The farm shop is lovely too with the opportunity to purchase some cheese made made on site.