“Best Seafood chowder in the West of Ireland”

Hylands Burren Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballyvaughan
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed in the West for 6 nights and ate out in many different restaurants all around the Burren and Galway. I had Seafood chowder every evening. I had Seafood chowder in Hylands last Saturday, just before departing the West; I have to say, it was the very best; loads of fresh fish and plenty of brown bread. I asked to speak to the chef when leaving, very nice man, and he told me his chowder has won 2 gold awards. Well done.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 180mullingar
There are newer reviews for Hylands Burren Hotel

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed for three nights. The manager Jennifer was amazing, friendly and always went one step further! Even when we meet Jennifer in the pub and she wasn't working she asks if we getting on ok. The hotel is warm, relaxed and nice holiday pace. Breakfast is what and when you want. Really felt like we were home with friends. Again the staff were so warm especially Jennifer the manager. We'll be back soon )))))

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Room was clean and spacious.
It's slap bang in the centre of town with loads of parking out the back.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had dinner booked at a restaurant 2 km down the road and they gave us a lift down, which was above and beyond the call of duty.

As an added bonus, we got back fully intending to go straight to bed when we heard music from the bar and were treated to three musicians playing "real" trad.

P.S. Hotel is extremely welcoming for walkers in groups so it would be a good spot to base in for Burren walking.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C B
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I just want to say what a wonderful weekend I have just spent at Hylands Hotel, in Ballyvaughan,Co Clare.
The rooms were spotless, and really warm and really comfortable. The staff, from the reception,to bar and restaurant were all equally amazing, and could not do enough for everyone. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. We had a 3 night stay which included an evening meal. I have no hesitation in saying that the evening meal was one of the highlights of the weekend. The food was marvellous, fresh, tasty and cooked to perfection. Hats off to the chef. Would I recommend it, would I what !!. I WILL BE BACK. in fact I have already booked – WELL DONE HYLANDS

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank marymiom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were there one night and were very pleased with the stay. The room was very homey, the breakfast was good, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent and quiet. I love staying in small towns, and this is one of the best.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tracey U
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We did not stay at the hotel but we stopped in for lunch one day. The service was prompt, efficient and friendly. We had our first ever bowl of seafood chowder here. We spent nine days in Ireland, traveling the coast from Galway to Waterford and back inland through Cork, Limerick and Shannon. No other seafood chowder could come close to the creamy and savory flavors of Mick's Chowder! Served with warm, home made brown bread and a cup of tea, it was the perfect combination of flavors and textures. My brother-in-law had one of the sandwiches and enjoyed it very much.
The food, atmosphere and great service make Hylands Burren's a must visit location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank doulajules
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place. We had a fantastic stay here - the staff was awesome and accommodating, the restaurant was great, the bar was great and the band we saw while we were there was incredible. It was such a fun time and I'd recommend it to anyone staying in Ballyvaughn.
The rooms were tidy and fine for our quick 2 day stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank APalmerBoston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyvaughan
Gregans Castle Hotel
Aran View Country House
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna

Been to Hylands Burren Hotel? Share your experiences!