“Fantastic place to stay!!!!”
Review of Oranhill Lodge

Oranhill Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Oranmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I always check trip advisor before I book anywhere and after seeing all the great reviews I decided to book. I was not disappointed in fact I could not recommend this fantastic place enough!!! I'll keep it brief as I could quite easily waffle on about this place! Firstly, we met Michael, who was so welcoming and friendly. He gave us some tips on places to go etc. We met Ann a little later and had a lovely chat, we could not have felt more welcome, the buzz they create in this place is fantastic. The room, in fact the whole place, was warm, welcoming, spacious and clean. The breakfast was delicious and there was enough variety to cater for anyone and everyone. In a nutshell, I would not hesitate to book here again, my only disappointment was that we were only there for one night!! Trev & Simone, Hull

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Oranhill one night. The room was very tight - they had a double and 2 twin beds, and as such, no room for a table or desk or chair. A family would do well perhaps, but we found it difficult to maneuver. The house was a newish subdivision-type house and our bedroom was no bigger than a small bedroom. There lacked the charm and ambience we have had in all of our other B & B's we visited in Ireland. The owners did offer recommendations on where to go, where to eat, but overall, we found it lacking. Breakfast was the highlight. Sorry to be so negative, but this really was a disappointment.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My sister-n-law and I recently traveled to Ireland and stayed at 4 different locations during our 10 day stay. And both of us agreed that Oranhill Lodge was without a doubt our favorite. The location was very convenient for sight-seeing by car or catching a tour bus which we much preferred. The rooms were nicely decorated, very comfortable and gave you a feeling of being right at home. The hosts, Michael and Ann were friendly and so helpful when asked for guidance and recommendations. They were even kind enough to arrange some local tours for us. Even the breakfast selection was by far the best we experienced. Absolutely delicious! We would highly recommend Oranhill Lodge to anyone planning to visit the Galway area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed three nights, and it was a great experience! The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious! (especially the pancakes and French toast!) They were very helpful with both things to do and places to go, talk to Anne for a great Claddagh and Celtic jewellery place. Very convenient place to stay to go to Burren, Cliffs of Moher or Connemerra area...but still got the small town charm. Can't say enough how wonderful the place and hosts were, we highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights - this was a convenient base for sight-seeing in the surrounding area by car (Galway city, Aran Islands, Connemara, Cliffs of Moya). Ann and Michael are wonderful hosts and offered helpful advice and assistance with our travels - they provided detailed directions, excellent local tips and Michael is quick to pick up the phone to find out specific information for us which really helped with organising our travels.
Everything in this B&B looks new and very clean. The rooms are comfortable and cosy. There is an excellent breakfast menu, offering many options which we sampled over the 3 days (and there is nothing on the menu I wouldn't recommend!). An excellent place to stay - you'll be well looked after!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

You can believe all the nice things said in other reviews on this page, so I won't say them again. When we asked directions to some friends of ours who lived about a 15 minute drive away in a hard-to-find location by the water, Ann called them to get directions, deduced it would take just as long to explain things to us, so she guided us there in her car with us following behind! Breakfast was great! We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have stayed her before and was delighted to return.Lovely hosts-Ann and Michael,very personable, do their best to help make your stay comfortable, spacious clean comfortable modern rooms,with wifi.Breakfast is delicious-lots of options,I recommend the 'Pancakes with fruit and maple syrup'.Breakfast is made to order .Easy to get and close location to Galway.I recommend it highly and hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
The Twelve Hotel
#3 of 189 in Galway
The Nest Boutique Hostel
The Nest Boutique Hostel
#12 of 189 in Galway

Been to Oranhill Lodge? Share your experiences!