“Super B&B that perfectly exemplifies the concept”
Review of Oranhill Lodge

Oranhill Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Oranmore B&B and Inns
Kolding, Denmark
“Super B&B that perfectly exemplifies the concept”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Oranhill Lodge is a truly smashing example of what a B&B should be. Michael and Ann are lovely hosts, attentive without being intrusive and genuinely keen to ensure your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The room was very comfortable, spotlessly clean and well appointed, the bed welcoming and cosy, the shower strong and refreshing and the breakfast truly tasty and hearty. For those as need it, the free wifi was also very good, better in fact than many a hotel I’ve stayed in during my many travels.

My stay on this occasion was, unfortunately, not for the happiest of reasons (the funeral of a dear friend), and yet Michael and Ann still somehow found the right words and tone for my stay, meaning I felt at home and secure at a vulnerable time. I look forward to returning at a happier time and I can give an unequivocal recommendation for the excellence of Oranhill Lodge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Finnish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our recent 2 night stay at Oranhill Lodge. We took the train in from Dublin to Galway (about 2 hrs) and then cabbed it the 6 miles to Oranmore. Our hosts, Michael and Ann, were very welcoming and friendly, helping us with everything from suggestions on places to see/eat/drink to giving us rides into town when it was raining. My wife and I are both vegans and we were readily accomodated at breakfast. Our room was super clean and quiet (same for the Lodge as a whole actually) with a very comfortable bed and a spotless bathroom. We will definitely stay here on any future visit to the Galway area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich D
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently stayed three nights in the west of Ireland - 2 in a 4 star hotel and 1 in Oranhill Guest House.

I wish I had chosen to stay two nights in the Oranhill Guest House! Oranhill Guest House was a better place to stay in than the four star hotel – better hospitality, comfort, and food.

Michael and Anne (the proprietors) immediately made me feel welcome. They treated me as if I was the most important guest they had ever had!

My room was tastefully furnished and spotlessly clean. My bed was very comfortable and the the room had a lovely modern television. The room also had a great shower.

While in the 4 star hotel I asked for a 'Full Irish' breakfast (One with the 'works'). After my hotel breakfast I was far from 'full'. Oranhill offered better quantity, quality and service.

I have no hesitation recommending Oranhill Guest House. It is close to Galway City and many locations that not only attract Irish folk but people from further afield.

While having breakfast I heard Anne speak to a French family near my table. Her French was (like mine) not perfect, but it was obvious to me that she was speaking sufficiently fluent to ensure her French guests were enjoying their breakfast; having explained the menu using French. The French guests ordered in French, Anne received it in French and subsequently I witnessed the French family receive exactly what they had ordered – a lovely Irish breakfast. I was greatly impressed.

I wish I had stayed longer. I believe I received great value for money and I intend going back at the earliest opportunity.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RobReilly494
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife, 17 month son and I stayed here for two nights, and we were very pleased with the comfort of the room and the hospitality of the hosts. Great breakfast and advice on our excursions. Highly recommend if you're visiting Galway region and don't mind staying outside of Galway proper.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kevin F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Oranhill Lodge Guest House. We were planning to visit the Connemara, Galway and the Cliff of Moher and this B&B is in the perfect location. The room was comfortable, clean and warm. Michael and Ann were lovely hosts and gave us wonderful recommendations about the places to visit in the area. The breakfast was amazing: different choices, very well presented…better than a restaurant!!Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissisDaniela
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I spent with my girlfriend two days in this amazing b&b very close to Galway. The room was very tidy and spacious, and the breakfast in the morning was amazing (you have a menu with different choices) and cooked at the moment by the lovely owner.

Best place to stay if you want to visit connemara and cliffs of moher!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Riky_Magilla
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We spent one night at Oranhill Lodge in Oranmore, Ireland.
It was just the beginning of the season but the welcome was just amazing. The owner stepped out of the door the second we left the car in the yard. The rooms are in a perfect shape, perfectly maintained and just an oasis of silence. The bathroom is - contrary to the Irish standard - brand new, clean and warm.
Besides the charming owners couple the best part of Oranhill Lodge is the magnificent breakfast. One can choose from a bunch of cereals, biscuits, yoghurt, fresh fruits, coffee, tea, jellies, honey and what ever one can image you get an additional menu to choose from between Amy's amazing pancakes, a full Irish breakfast or just some declicious eggs.
The B&B is just a 5 min stroll from the town center and really close to the sea side.
Thanks for the amazing stay and Oranhill Lodge is recommendable without any doubts!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisThiel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
The Twelve Hotel
Flannery's Hotel Galway
Salthill Hotel
Salthill Hotel
#4 of 45 in Galway

Been to Oranhill Lodge? Share your experiences!