“Good not great”

House Bistro
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Oranmore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Description: Unwind with a refreshing drink at the House Bar in the Coach House Hotel.Entering the Coach House, guests will find themselves in the spacious forward section of the House Bar. With luxurious seating, ambient music, and widescreen TV, the House bar is ideal for all sporting & social occasions. In winter, snuggle up by our open fire which guarantees to keep you warm and cosy. Further back, enclosed by the original stone walls of the coach house, the candlelit main bar provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere in which to enjoy your night out. Feeling peckish? Enjoy meals from our extensive award winning Italian Bar Menu. We serve bar food from 8am to 10pm daily.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food here is ok, but it is not quite top drawer. I was with the kids and wife and we all had food from the menu, but while we did eat most of it, there was no highlight. It was typical bar food but not much love thrown in. It will fill a gap but dont expect much.

Nick O, Owner at House Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear your comment, we always work very hard to give everybody a great food experience either in the bar as in the main restaurant.
We feel that maybe if you wanted to get something a little more special, you should try the Basilico Italian Restaurant inside at the back, there you will find a completely different menu with lot's of specials, homemade pastas and fresh fish and meat every evening.
Our Bistro offer a casual dining option with great prices and all food is homemade with LOVE in house, you should try our Amazing Antipasti Platters or the Pizza Romana for 3 people served on a wooden board, they are our specialities !!!
Or maybe next time ask to your waiter for advice, and he will make sure to help you find your favourite dish.

Thanks for your Review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here several times . A few occasions I've had pizza but the seafood rissotto is seriously tasty .
I like the laid back approach and the staff are very friendly . I also had the chocolate pudding with pistachio ice cream , I must say a few restaurants could learn from them instead of the frozen desserts other places pass off as made inhouse.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Best Italian restaurant in County Galway. The best products and quality. Great atmosphere, nice decor. I Love It!!!!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I love House Bistro and have been to several. In my view they never disappoint, with amazing original food, perfect service and a good choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.we had pasta carbonara ,a grilled steak and 2 kids pepperoni pizza.Everithing was excellent. I'll go back soon.Well done guys!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have eaten at House Bistro 3 times in the last 4-5 weeks. On each occasion we have had the same conversation - how this chef manages to get every single little detail of his food absolutely perfect. some dishes may seem quite simple e.g. Spaghetti Bolognese or Carbonara - but his balance is perfect his amounts spot on to the ml! I love to cook myself and it is rare these days I go into a restaurant and think "I couldn't do this at home - i would love to learn some tips from this chef". He is a great asset to the small town of Oranmore.
The waiting staff are equally conscientious, well informed and efficient.
Fantastic Cocktails and wine by the glass to complement with the lovely Italian food.