“My Favourite place in Oranmore”
Review of House Bistro

House Bistro
Ranked #9 of 19 Restaurants in Oranmore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Unwind with a refreshing drink at the House Bar in the Coach House Hotel.Entering the Coach House, guests will find themselves in the spacious forward section of the House Bar. With luxurious seating, ambient music, and widescreen TV, the House bar is ideal for all sporting & social occasions. In winter, snuggle up by our open fire which guarantees to keep you warm and cosy. Further back, enclosed by the original stone walls of the coach house, the candlelit main bar provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere in which to enjoy your night out. Feeling peckish? Enjoy meals from our extensive award winning Italian Bar Menu. We serve bar food from 8am to 10pm daily.
Galway, Ireland
“My Favourite place in Oranmore”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have eaten at House Bistro 3 times in the last 4-5 weeks. On each occasion we have had the same conversation - how this chef manages to get every single little detail of his food absolutely perfect. some dishes may seem quite simple e.g. Spaghetti Bolognese or Carbonara - but his balance is perfect his amounts spot on to the ml! I love to cook myself and it is rare these days I go into a restaurant and think "I couldn't do this at home - i would love to learn some tips from this chef". He is a great asset to the small town of Oranmore.
The waiting staff are equally conscientious, well informed and efficient.
Fantastic Cocktails and wine by the glass to complement with the lovely Italian food.

• Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Galway, Galway, Ireland
““I'm jumping on the bandwagon””
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were told there was a 30 minute wait, but we were seated in under 20 minutes. Our server (whose name I can't recall, apologies to her) was very friendly and had a a vast knowledge of the menu. I mean seriously knowledgeable. The management here clearly is focused on ensuring the customer is fully informed.

We started with a meat antipati and some bread. While there was three of us, we order a plank for two and two bread baskets. The plank for two was enough for the three of us, but there was too much bread, The plank was delicious, as was the bread. Lovely antipasti.

For mains I went for the spaghetti bolognese and it was delicious. My sister went for the penne with prawns and my partner the Pizza Calabrese. Both liked as far as I am aware.
Finally my sister and I shared the Paolo's Amazing Tiramisu it was extremely tasty indeed.
I also had a single espresso, which was divine. One the best I've had in a long long time. Smooth.
I really look forward to going to this bistro again.
Thanks