“Beautiful food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Boathouse - CLOSED

The Boathouse
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Galway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nicest dinner out in a while! Was out early so availed of early bird menu which had dishes from the a la carte... Great starters... Pork Belly main was amazing. Everything put on the table was very fresh and tasted incredible... everything just works in this place.... staff friendly... warm atmosphere... good value... clean plates all round! (and excellent coffee! : ) definitely going back.

• Visited January 2014

Galway City
“Mmm yum.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

When we arrived the restaurant was quiet but this gave us our choice of table and we chose to sit in the beautiful back room. As the room filled the atmosphere grew and soon the place was humming. I was pleasantly surprised to be offered an early bird menu as I thought this was only available midweek. 3 courses for €24 on a Saturday night and 3 fabulous courses duly arrived. To start I had goats cheese with beetroot. To be honest I was disappointed when the dish first arrived. Rounds of goats cheese, some toasted walnuts, baby gem lettuce and beetroot. Pretty basic and very easily served at home.....em, perhaps but the presentation was fab, the taste, gorgeous and I loved every bit. Every mouthful was fresh. The sauce and dressing was gorgeous. Loved it. My main was lip smackingly good. A decent piece of melt in the mouth pork belly. Fantastic smokey black pudding along with three plump seared scallops (well worth the extra charge). I spent a good half an hour cutting bits of pork with slices of apple or scallops with the rich sauce/gravy/jus. It was magnificent. My dessert of meringue with fresh berries, pistachios and lemon curd was good. Struggled to find the lemon curd that should have been the wow in this dessert. Overall I was very impressed with the food. The service was top. My only gripes would be for more lemon curd and warmer toilets which I found freezing on the night of our visit. I'd love to see a restaurant of this quality in Galway city. It would be sold out almost every night. Well done to Rudy and the wonderful staff. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

• Visited January 2014
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Ambience, service, choice, food, value: all excellent. We were a party of 6, and between up sampled a wide selection of dishes. All were delicious and beautifully presented, resulting in clean plates all round!! Service was friendly and attentive throughout. Looking forward to a return visit already!

Galway
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing. Nicest meal I've had in a long time. Could be the best restaurant around galway!everyone dining with me agreed. I had the steak..it was perfect and the mash potato was delicious!! The people dining with me had salmon and venison and they loved it all. Clean plates all round. For 3 courses each and a bottle of wine the price was so reasonable. The atmosphere is lovely, staff very pleasant and attentive! We had a little canapé before our meal as well and mini mince pies after our meal. Lovely little touch that makes a big difference. Can't wait for my next visit.

Galway, Ireland
“The Full experience at the Boathouse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you walk into this lovely restaurant you feel welcome. The staff are so warm. The best was yet to come as our group was led to a beautiful private dining room with glass chandeliers & a beautifully laid table. From start to finish, this restaurant did not disappoint with the beautiful starters, mains & dessert right down to the gorgeous mince pies which were served with our tea & coffee. The staff were always attentive but discreet & we felt that this room was our own private haven for the evening. So enjoyable!! A big thank you to the management & staff! Can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2013