“Birthday Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Boathouse - CLOSED

The Boathouse
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Galway, Ireland
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had the most enjoyable meal in the Boathouse lastnight. Everything about the place was amaizng..the decor, the food, the staff, the wine just everything! I could not fault one thing.
My steak was cooked to perfection. Our waiter took care of us so well and even sang Happy Birthday!! :) The Early Bird Menu is great value for money as are the house wines.
They have a lovely conservatory area at the back of the restaurant which is perfect for larger groups.

I could not recommed The Boathouse enough.

I wish Rudie and all the staff every sucess and I will look forward to another lovely dinner soon.

• Visited July 2013

Ireland
“A lovely midweek evening enjoyed here among friends...”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My friend organised a dinner gathering here for a group of friends and I (this evening, Tuesday) and it was really very enjoyable. The staff were very professional, the food was delicious, the wine was great and Rudie is a lovely host.
I would certainly reccomend this eatery.

• Visited July 2013
lisafitz1
“Simply Wonderful!!!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went to The Boathouse with my husband and it was Amazing!! The food was wonderful. The staff couldn't do enough for you and the service was fabulous!!! My family have also become regular visitors there!! Not a bad word or criticism to say about it!!! Cannot wait to return very soon!!!!!

Galway, Ireland
“fairly new to the oranmore scene”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

went here with my partner.found the food to be excellent n service was rqually as good.
pity because of current economic situation that the owners don't cop on to reduce their prices.
only for special occasions as it is too pricey.

Kings Lynn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Myself and a friend recently dined at The Boathouse, we were greeted warmly on arrival and seated in the conservatory at the rear at the restaurant, it was very pleasant and a relaxed atmosphere. We both had chowder to start which was absolutely delicious - the best I've ever had, full of chunks of fish. Home made bread was delicious which we soon devoured and our friendly waitress was only too happy to replenish. Also had surf and turf which was pork belly and scallops, again delicious and plenty of accompanying veg. Neither of us had room for desserts as portions more than generous. Reasonably priced for the quality of the food and service. Would highly recommend and will definitely be going back next time i'm in the area. Compliments to the chef and all the staff.