“Great Restaurant”
Review of Pearla na Mara

Pearla na Mara
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Oranmore
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pearla na Mara Cafe-Restaurant was born from the love of high quality food and proudly endorses the principles of 'slow food' movement. We invite you to visit our friendly and relaxed venue in the heart of Oranmore, where you can choose from an attractive and affordable menu that caters to a wide variety of tastes. Pearla na Mara is proud to offer Irish-inspired cuisine with a Mediterranean touch in our restaurant in Oranmore. We blend this heritage with the freshness and authenticity of the finest ingredients, locally sourced in the West and delivered daily to our restaurant, to create a unique quality and pleasurable experience for our customers. To preserve the purest taste, everything is cooked to order. The restaurant also endeavours to cater for many special dietary requirements (in particular gluten-free diet). We are open every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We've been eating in this restaurant for the past 18 months. We like to eat there as we always receive a very warm welcome from the friendly staff. The food is excellent and the prices are very competitive. There's a good variety on the menu to suit everybody and you never have to wait very long for your order.

There are newer reviews for Pearla na Mara

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal here, we went for the two pasta dishes with a bottle of wine. the dishes were lovely.

I feel it was a little unfair that they dont offer a option for the non drinker in the party. As my wife is non drinker, she was not given a option to have a something different from wine, they didnt offer to allow us to finish the bottle at home.

Our dishes were filling and I enjoyed the wine,. All the food was fresh and hot, we found the staff very helpful even do a little hard to understand.

CuriosaGalway, Owner at Pearla na Mara, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review.

You chose our popular special offer of 2 pasta dishes and a bottle of house wine for € 35. This offer allows customers to save around €6 against regular prices in the restaurant. However, I would like to emphasise that we endeavour to keep all our prices at a very affordable level and we have been complimented on numerous occasions for a very good value for money.

I also believe there must have been some misunderstanding on your part (maybe due to my foreign accent). I was personally serving your table yesterday evening and I distinctly remember suggesting to you, when you mentioned that your wife was driving, that I would leave the bottle cork aside, if you wanted to take the unfinished bottle of wine home and enjoy it there later together.

I am glad to hear that you found your experience enjoyable and you liked the food and the wine, and I hope to see you again.

The Proprietor

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very small portions, my husband had a the steak sandwich which was missing the top half of bread and had a measly amount of chips with it, I had a panini with also a measly few chips and a tiny salad, the place was empty the whole time we were in there, no wonder.

Lovely staff but they need to start feeding people rather then give them tasters with a price tag on.

2  Thank ok f

Dear Madam,

We value our customers’ opinion and I wanted to thank you for your feedback.
I read your review in sheer astonishment. We have never had a single complaint concerning the sizes of portions served in our restaurant. On the contrary, we have been even praised in local press reviews for serving large portions. The feedback we gathered until now was also quite the opposite to yours.

As for the steak sandwich, the customer gets 5oz (150g) of the finest dry-aged striploin steak on a bed of ciabatta bread, accompanied with a good handful of home-cut chunky chips and a garnish of salad – all that for under €10. The portion is big enough to fill the 12’’ plate on which it is served. The panini (€7) is also served on the same size plate and the portion fills this plate. I understand that you were not satisfied with the portion served, however, it is a pity that you did not bring this matter to our attention on the spot. The purpose of asking our customers about their experience while they are eating is to address any potential complaint on the spot. We want our customers to be satisfied with the food and experience in the restaurant and we always address immediately any complaint a customer may have. The truth is they do not happen very often, however, we try to remedy any grievance on the spot.

Should you have brought to our attention that you would like to receive more chips or a top of ciabatta bread, we would have brought you whatever your desire was or alternatively asked you to order something else instead.

Since we have opened our premises in 2011, we have gained a good handful of happy regular customers, pleased with the quality of our food and a very good value for money. We are also committed to improving constantly the service offered and learning from our mistakes. Hopefully, you may be willing to give us a second chance in the future.

With warm regards,

The Proprietor

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I eat here on a regular basis. Excellent food and friendly service. Also excellent value for money. The lunch combo is a great deal.. €9.95 for soup, any pasta and tea or coffee. It's consistency keeps me returning.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We has a create your own pizza and carbanara pasta. We didn't leave a stitch of food on our plates! The food was fresh, hot, and definitely delicious! The filtered water was also a great touch. The owner was so nice, giving us great ideas for things to do in Galway. When we travel to Ireland we like to eat in the pubs, but our experience here beat any pub experience we had. If your in or near Oranmore you must try Pearla na Mara! You won't regret it.