Oranmore Lodge Hotel
The Coach House Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$119
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$117
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
Hotels.com
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$134
$124
Hotels.com
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$162
$141
$367
Hillview B&B(Oranmore)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure centreold styleno liftgalway citytwo double bedsthe ground floorbar foodan upgradelovely hotelenjoyed our stayweekend breakbit datedbreakfast roomstaff were lovelyfood was lovelysaturday nighta lovely stay
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed in Oranmore Lodge for one night, my husband and myself.
First impression, looks nice, old style, manor type building.
Arrived in Reception, checked-in after about 5 minute wait as receptionist was busy, gentleman came in and checked us in. Given room downstairs, whilst it is on the ground floor, you feel like you are heading for there service quarters, it is the old layout of the house.
Room was spacious and beds clean. I must hightlight the bathroom. No bath, just shower. Shower only has plastic curtain, this is not 4 Star standard! I battled with it anyway but whole bathroom was consumed with condensation and floor drenched. Seemed to be extractor fan in there but did absolutely nothing, my husband had to wait 30 mins for it to clear before he went in and started it all over again. Also, why is there a big shelf over the handbasin? Bit of a challenge when you bend down to do your teeth......

There was a function on that night but didnt really impact us as we had parked up before they arrived, if you arrived late then you were on the main road.... Had some drinks in the bar. Staff very friendly.

Next morning went for Breakfast at 09:45, had a nice breakfast, very busy, nice pleasant staff, would recommend this.

After breakfast checked out.

Why I think this hotel is not 4 star....
Bathroom very bad
Shower curtain (extremely unhygenic) (floor gets wet)
Combined shower gel/shampoo
Not enough towels for 2 people to shower
No water etc in room for arrival

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel was lovely and the staff were so nice and friendly , lovely white bed linen and clean rooms......Food was beautiful and i will def be back again..... Great value for money.. we never got to use the spa r swimming pool as we had a busy weekend and we didnt have the time.. Will def get to use these the nx time we r down in oranmore as it will b a relaxing holiday

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cmck73
Reviewed June 24, 2011

stayed there with my husband last week for one night only. the only problem was it wasn't long enough. Staff are excellent. Little hotel and it's so relaxing and food is amazing. Dont be put off by the cheap rates this is really a good hotel. It's clientele are on the older side but that shouldn't let people be put off. It's great to see that just few miles outside Galway there are great deals to be had and not charged pre recession prices. I will be going back again and would recommend staying here if visiting Galway. It's just afew mins walk from the sean and it's rooms are bit dated but clean and comfortable. Well done to all concerned.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HanoriaC
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My wife and I had a lovely stay in your hotel, the hotel is second to none in terms of value for money, also the staff are excellent, in particular we would like to give a special mention to Joanne on the front desk, she is above and beyond helpful and friendly and is a true asset to the hotel, in our opinion every hotel should have a Joanne on the front desk!! Will certainly be returning to your hotel on our next visit to Ireland and will of course be recommending to our friends and colleges.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Positives.
Ate in their restaurant on both evenings we were there and even though we were on a SuperValu weekend break, the quality of the food was outstanding. The quality of the breakfast, including very good porridge was above average

The children loved the swimming pool, which was virtually empty. In its day I am sure it was state of the art, but it does look a little bit dated now. That said it does what it says on the tin. I had a look in their fitness suite but did not use it. It seemed more than adequate.

Negatives
To be honest the welcome from the receptionist left a lot to be desired, we both felt that we were a hinderance to her and getting in the way of whatever other 'important' work she was doing on the computer. There was little eye contact.

The room was spacious but the decor was very 1980s. My bed was very hard and I did not sleep well.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family