“Highly Recommend”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
clare
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel, stayed as part of a deal, dinner bed and breakfast, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasently suprised. Service was excellent from the minute we walked in the door, receptionist was very friendly, we arrived early and had to wait in the bar for ten minutes until our room was ready. The barman altough seemed quite young was very professional and helpful.
The room was very spacious, clean and it was not at all stuffy like a lot of modern hotels. We had dinner in the restaurant, service was excellent, food was superb, would recommend the goat's cheese. Staff were excellent, I had an ashtma attack and I forgot my inhaler the waiting staff, I think Maire and Bernie, were extremely helpful and located an inhaler for me, one of the ladies wanted to bring me to their house so that I could use her daughters inhaler. I was extremely grateful for all their help and there is not many hotels around the world that would look after their guests so well. I would highly recommend to anyone, wonderful staff are very hard to find nowadays.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elan0906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
dublin
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed here last year. Lovely hotel with a mix of old and new. Food was great and staff were lovely. Great knowledge of the locality. Heading back this weekend with the family. Looking forward to it. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Stayed on two night B&B plus dinner deal. Hotel is a nice blend of old and new. location is convenient to galway city or you can enjoy the beatiful countryside and sea not too far from the village of oranmore. The service in the hotel is friendly and not too intrusive. The leisure centre is nice while somehat samll but has all the facilities you need i.e. sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, gym and pool. The food and drink are reasonably priced and generally of a very good standard. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sligo
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Just came back from the oranmore lodge where I spent a wonderful weekend... The receptionist on arrival was first class gave me a great run through on local amenities.. Nice to have that personal attention to detail...dinner was lovely had the steak and I must say was cooked perfectly.. The people I was with enjoyed their meal as well .. I found the attention to detail by the staff remarkable as they were so friendly even though the place was packed.. Even the bar staff hhad a smile and were eager to help., I don't usually write reviews but I had to on this occasion as it is great that in this climate customer service is the prime focus..I stayed in a suite which was warm comfortable and I felt fully relaxed by the time I checked out on Sunday.. Well done to the management and staff.. Especially the german girl and the blonde manageress at reception oh and the german manager with the Irish accent! And the two barman were terrific thanks to Patrick for supplying the football scores! Superb hotel and superb staff.. Enjoyed the experience!

• Stayed March 2011
BrianOhiggins, Front Office Manager at Oranmore Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your great review.

We are delighted to hear you and your friends enjoyed your weekend.

As we are a family run hotel - we do our very best to accommodate everyones requests and are very proud of our staff and their professional friendly manner which is a major factor in the industry these days.

Once again, many thanks and we really appreciate that you took the time to post this review.

The next time your are coming to Galway - give me a call and we will upgrade you to a suite complimentary! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Regards,

Shirley Kilduff
Sales Reservations Manager
Dublin
Reviewed March 5, 2011

On arrival checking in was quick efficient and friendly.

Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed it. The main building is old but the bedroom block is more modern. the room was a very good size, the bathroom a little tired and could do with a refurb.

All the staff were very polite and friendly. the leisure centre was well equipped if a little small. The breakfast was very good; freshly cooked and a buffet for cereals.

The general atmosphere was calm and unhurried.

I've no idea where and how they got 4 stars - it is a good 3 star hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for your kind review - its great to hear people appreciate all we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Regards,

Shirley Kilduff
Sales Reservations Manager
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We found the hotel really lovely. However the hot water went in leisure complex for two out of the three days we were there and the staff cleaned the pool and jucuzzi whilst we swam in it! We were very happy with the size of the bedroom and the location is really great. We found the staff very rude and as its family owned thats a huge disappointment in todays climate. We would be reluctant to hand over money again for this hotel when no basic manners are shown to its customers.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
ireland
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I stayed for just one night on buiness. It was a lovley place and very quite with no traffic noise, a great nights sleep was had. The food, id give 8.5 out of 10 in the bar and believe its better in the restaurent. Its family run and very friendly. Its a bit out galway city if you have no transport but I will stay here agan for sure.

• Stayed February 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Maldron Hotel Galway
#1 of 1 in Barna
Galway Bay Hotel
Galway Bay Hotel
#5 of 45 in Galway

Been to Oranmore Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!