Maldron Hotel Galway
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$143
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$133
$129
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,213 results
All reviewsacross the roadkids clubgames roomfamily friendly hotelswimming poolfamily roombar foodleisure centrefamily breakbreakfast and dinnerself servicehotel barduty managersingle bedtop classfood was lovelymin drive
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was impressed with the website claim that a refurbishment had created a group of rooms for business travel and I decided to give it a try at €75 B&B rate. The room was indeed an improvement on earlier trips, it was clean, well appointed even on a very hot night it did not feel oppressive and the airflow from the open windows was good without undue road noise. On the downside the lack of wifi even though it was promised was proof of a lack of attention to detail. However the real blackmark was the breakfast, I was met by a friendly enthusiastic lady who directed me to a table in the middle of the room. I am a rotund chap and putting me in teh middle of the room makes passage for everyone else very difficult but the lady could not offer me an alternative even though many seats were free. I then went up to the hot counter for the cooked breakfast and the chef gave me a large plate with a single sausage, single slice of bacon, 1 hash brown and 1 piece of white pudding. I asked was that all I was getting and he immediately put on an act of not understanding me. I eventually got 2 more sausages after standing my ground. I seemed to completely baffle him because I wanted a proper portion. All in all a poor show.

Room Tip: Another Hotel but if you are staying look for one opposite the cinema
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear James D,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us and for the valuable feedback. We will certainly address the issues you have raised and ensure our standards are more consistent. I am glad to learn you were please with our newly refurbished rooms and we are confident that on your next visit we will exceed your expectations with service also.
Dermot Comerford

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay in the Maldron Galway. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The family room was spacious, well equip and clean. We all slept like babes. The breakfast choice was excellent. All in all great value and an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DavidSin
Reviewed July 12, 2013

stayed one nite here with my family,,we had agreat time,staff was very nice and helpful,,my husband and my son really enjoyed the pool..there was apark at the side of the hotel which was brill for my little girls,didnt have far to go..food was fab and very reasonable,,well def b back again,,but we will stay longer next time,,thanks again for a lovely time :)

Room Tip: family rooms very spacious and good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

just returned from our 3rd stay in Maldron Oranmore on a summer special deal.The staff are friendly and helpful,The food good,breakfast kept us going all day.Rooms clean and up to date. Hotel was busy but never had to wait long for service in the bar or dining room.Have recommended this hotel to friends and family and never had a complaint. Will return again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear biddyb2010,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway. My team and I are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Particularly as a regular customer we thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon again.
Dermot Comerford,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Staff very friendly and genuinely nice. Reception staff brilliant. Accommodation great. Food great. Had a really lovely meal in the restaurant and an equally good lunch in the bar. Good value for money. Would definitely return. Can not fault it. Have also stayed in the Maldron Hotel in Wexford which is also very good

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear KildareAnonymous,
Thank you for your kind comments contained in your review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway, we very much appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I am glad to learn you found the Hotel comfortable, the staff friendly and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to enjoy more of the facilities the Hotel has to offer.
Dermot Comerford,