“Return Trip with hope”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Buncrana
“Return Trip with hope”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was impressed with the website claim that a refurbishment had created a group of rooms for business travel and I decided to give it a try at €75 B&B rate. The room was indeed an improvement on earlier trips, it was clean, well appointed even on a very hot night it did not feel oppressive and the airflow from the open windows was good without undue road noise. On the downside the lack of wifi even though it was promised was proof of a lack of attention to detail. However the real blackmark was the breakfast, I was met by a friendly enthusiastic lady who directed me to a table in the middle of the room. I am a rotund chap and putting me in teh middle of the room makes passage for everyone else very difficult but the lady could not offer me an alternative even though many seats were free. I then went up to the hot counter for the cooked breakfast and the chef gave me a large plate with a single sausage, single slice of bacon, 1 hash brown and 1 piece of white pudding. I asked was that all I was getting and he immediately put on an act of not understanding me. I eventually got 2 more sausages after standing my ground. I seemed to completely baffle him because I wanted a proper portion. All in all a poor show.

Room Tip: Another Hotel but if you are staying look for one opposite the cinema
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear James D,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us and for the valuable feedback. We will certainly address the issues you have raised and ensure our standards are more consistent. I am glad to learn you were please with our newly refurbished rooms and we are confident that on your next visit we will exceed your expectations with service also.
Dermot Comerford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay in the Maldron Galway. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The family room was spacious, well equip and clean. We all slept like babes. The breakfast choice was excellent. All in all great value and an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidSin
Ballinasloe, Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2013

stayed one nite here with my family,,we had agreat time,staff was very nice and helpful,,my husband and my son really enjoyed the pool..there was apark at the side of the hotel which was brill for my little girls,didnt have far to go..food was fab and very reasonable,,well def b back again,,but we will stay longer next time,,thanks again for a lovely time :)

Room Tip: family rooms very spacious and good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed July 7, 2013

just returned from our 3rd stay in Maldron Oranmore on a summer special deal.The staff are friendly and helpful,The food good,breakfast kept us going all day.Rooms clean and up to date. Hotel was busy but never had to wait long for service in the bar or dining room.Have recommended this hotel to friends and family and never had a complaint. Will return again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear biddyb2010,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway. My team and I are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Particularly as a regular customer we thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon again.
Dermot Comerford,
Kildare
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Staff very friendly and genuinely nice. Reception staff brilliant. Accommodation great. Food great. Had a really lovely meal in the restaurant and an equally good lunch in the bar. Good value for money. Would definitely return. Can not fault it. Have also stayed in the Maldron Hotel in Wexford which is also very good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear KildareAnonymous,
Thank you for your kind comments contained in your review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway, we very much appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I am glad to learn you found the Hotel comfortable, the staff friendly and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to enjoy more of the facilities the Hotel has to offer.
Dermot Comerford,
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I attended my sisters hen party and we recently stayed in the maldron oranmore . before we arrived we were met with quiet a lot of demands from the hotel . firstly they requested that each individual staying paid a deposit of fifty euro in case we made noise so they could compensate other guests . we were also required to bring photo id . I have been on numerous hen parties and girl's weekends away and this had never happended .. it left us feeling uneasy and worried about the weekend but needless to say it wasn't us that caused disruption but other guest's who the guards had to be called for . this in turn caused my sister great distress and upset . the reception staff couldn't be nicer . in the bar is a little café where the bar man has to go to every time somebody needs to be served it seemed as if the guy working behind the bar had the responsibilities of two people and was quiet annoying at times as you could be waiting ten minutes at an empty bar whilst the barman was serving soup from the café . breakfast was terrible there was a wide variety but the quality of the hot food was awful. one thing you could not fault was the friendliness of the reception staff on arrival and departure and of course the overworked barman

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lynn c,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway. I appreciate your comments. Uncertainty may have arisen with your booking if you booked through a 3rd party and we were unaware you were travelling as a Group. We are constantly reviewing security and standards in the hotel and will certainly take your feedback into consideration. I hope you, your sister and your friends enjoyed your trip overall and I do apologise for any inconvenience at the Hotel.
General Manger
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights,and had a great time!The Bar and Restaurant were first rate!I availed of the Hotel Swimming pool and Sauna/Steamroom!very clean and well run!I will certainly return in the future!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Fairport0,
Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway we very much appreciate your positive comments. It is encouraging for all the team to learn you found the Hotel comfortable and everything to your satisfaction.
We do hope to see you back in the Hotel in the near future.
Dermot Comerford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Flannery's Hotel Galway
#1 of 1 in Barna
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 45 in Galway

Been to Maldron Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!