“Very satisfied customer”

Maldron Hotel Galway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Staff very friendly and genuinely nice. Reception staff brilliant. Accommodation great. Food great. Had a really lovely meal in the restaurant and an equally good lunch in the bar. Good value for money. Would definitely return. Can not fault it. Have also stayed in the Maldron Hotel in Wexford which is also very good

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear KildareAnonymous,
Thank you for your kind comments contained in your review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway, we very much appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I am glad to learn you found the Hotel comfortable, the staff friendly and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to enjoy more of the facilities the Hotel has to offer.
Dermot Comerford,

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I attended my sisters hen party and we recently stayed in the maldron oranmore . before we arrived we were met with quiet a lot of demands from the hotel . firstly they requested that each individual staying paid a deposit of fifty euro in case we made noise so they could compensate other guests . we were also required to bring photo id . I have been on numerous hen parties and girl's weekends away and this had never happended .. it left us feeling uneasy and worried about the weekend but needless to say it wasn't us that caused disruption but other guest's who the guards had to be called for . this in turn caused my sister great distress and upset . the reception staff couldn't be nicer . in the bar is a little café where the bar man has to go to every time somebody needs to be served it seemed as if the guy working behind the bar had the responsibilities of two people and was quiet annoying at times as you could be waiting ten minutes at an empty bar whilst the barman was serving soup from the café . breakfast was terrible there was a wide variety but the quality of the hot food was awful. one thing you could not fault was the friendliness of the reception staff on arrival and departure and of course the overworked barman

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lynn c,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway. I appreciate your comments. Uncertainty may have arisen with your booking if you booked through a 3rd party and we were unaware you were travelling as a Group. We are constantly reviewing security and standards in the hotel and will certainly take your feedback into consideration. I hope you, your sister and your friends enjoyed your trip overall and I do apologise for any inconvenience at the Hotel.
General Manger

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights,and had a great time!The Bar and Restaurant were first rate!I availed of the Hotel Swimming pool and Sauna/Steamroom!very clean and well run!I will certainly return in the future!!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Fairport0,
Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway we very much appreciate your positive comments. It is encouraging for all the team to learn you found the Hotel comfortable and everything to your satisfaction.
We do hope to see you back in the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

this is a great hotel with lovely staff who were helpful and accommodating. the hotel is easy to get to and it is easy to get to Galway from it. the rooms are spotless and the bathroom lovely with everything you need. highly recommend it to anyone.

Dear EmmaKate,
Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay at the Maldron Hotel Galway, we very much appreciate your kind comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards.
Dermot

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights beginning of June with my partner. It was a little treat for my birthday. Anyway, having driven from Dublin, we were surprised at how far out this Hotel is from Galway. The Hotel itself is pretty much like any other, nice rooms, nice staff, nice food. We drove into Galway one day and got multi storey car parking near Eyre Square. The buzz here is great and down by Spanish Arch. The weather was really good and there were a lot of tourists in Galway. The following day was my actual birthday, so we took a taxi into Galway had a lovely meal in a lovely restaurant but as it was Saturday night, it was crazy to say the least. We were looking for a traditional Irish Pub with Music, but unfortunately there were none, at least as far as we could see. Lots of Hen and Stag parties, drunk and disorderly with foot policemen aplenty trying to keep the peace. So we took a taxi back to our hotel which was quiet and peaceful after such madness in town. I don't think I would return to this Hotel because of its location and would prefer to go the other side of Galway out by Salhill maybe...I would steer clear of Galway on Saturday night also...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NualaDublin,

Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to learn you and your partner were happy with the Hotel. The easiest way to find the Hotel when travelling from Dublin is to take Exit 19 off the motorway and we are just 3 km from that point and this avoids all city traffic. The local hackney company also operate a free phone from the Hotel Lobby and have a flat rate of €13.00 in to the city centre. Oranmore also has a nice selection of Bars and Restaurants, parknig is free and plentifull at the hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Maldron Hotel Galway and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there recently with my girlfriend and our three year old son. After a minute or two waiting at the check in desk, I was met by a pleasant woman who checked us in. She was helpful and friendly. We had a nice, comfortable room and the food was very nice. The only small thing I would say is that we had to ring down on more than one occasion because they had forgot something. But when it got there, it was very nice. The swimming pool was a great way for me and my son to start off the day and he loved been there. Overall, pretty good value for money and worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear j_mo0

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I have passed on your kind words to our staff including the reception team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Grainne

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here for two week-end nights on a deal with 3 family members. We were given rooms close together, very spacious, clean and recently decorated. Staff were friendly and helpful. Dinner menu was varied and everything we ate there was first class. I would highly recommend this hotel, and found it to be very good value. Congratulations to Management and staff for a job very well done in difficult times.
Keep the good deals coming and Ishall definitely be back.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and very happy with a front facing room.