“Perfect”

Maldron Hotel Galway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Myself and a group of friends stayed here for a night when we had an event planned to attend in Galway City. The rooms were tidy and cosy but spacious at the same time and the staff very friendly and helpful. My friend left an item behind and it was much later in the day after we had checked out when she realised! When we phoned the hotel it was dealt with quickly and we were able to go back and collect from reception. The breakfast was great, choice of fry, cereal, fruits, yoghurts etc. and we were left to relax and take our time having seconds in the cosy restaurant. All in all we had a great stay, the hotel is only about a 10 minute taxi journey into the city and we had everything we needed. Would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 216JCB

Reviewed February 4, 2012

The Maldron is a great place to stay and very spacious. The hotel is very convenient in gaining access to Galway City. The parking is free also. We really enjoyed staying there. The staff were very accommodating and the breakfast was more than excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel and is very affordable. Regards, Mary Hayes, Co. Clare.

Room Tip: Second floor convenient to Ground Floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary H
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Mary H.,
Thank you for your kind comments contained in your review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway, we very much appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I am glad to learn you found the Hotel comfortable and convenient, the staff friendly and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to enjoy more of the facilities the Hotel has to offer.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Myself, my husband and our two children stayed here for two nights having received a voucher from my mother-in-law. The hotel itself is bog standard but we did find the staff, particularly the cleaning staff, to be very friendly. Also it really is a great spot for children as there was a large playroom (locked in off-peak times but you just pick up a key up at reception). It had loads of dolls, jicksaws etc. which the kids loved. The leisure centre was also great for the kids with a toddler pool. And directly across the road is City Limits with a huge kids area with bouncing castles etc. and cost only 3 euro per child for unlimited time. We chose not to eat at the hotel with the exception of breakfast which was standard hotel fare - pretty awful but would you expect anything else when everything is pre-cooked? Some nice litte restaurants in Oranmore. We went to Basilico's which was good and reasonably priced. Overall, really enjoyed our couple of days and the children loved it.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Pannah 2,
Thank you for your posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn you and your family enjoyed the break. It is encouraging to see the Hotel met with your expectations and in particular the friendliness of the Staff and Leisure Centre were of note. We will also take your comments in relation to Breakfast on board.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to see you back in the near future.
Dermot Comerford

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I thought it best to make a review upon seeing the reviews "never stay here" and "An honest appraisal", Myself and my husband stayed in this hotel the weekend of the 27th and I to witnessed the low standards of hygiene in the bar where food was served. We were in the bar when both ladies complained which I believe had every right to and I was close by when the issue was discussed with the general manager. I was shocked that the ladies were asked to leave because the manager could not resolve the situation. When the children burst into tears I wanted to complain but seeing how the manager treated guests for complaining I thought it best that I did not which I regret. I 100% agree with everything the ladies wrote in their review and upon reading some of the good reviews I question their validity because who I spoke to at the hotel all agreed the standards were very low for a 3 star hotel. I hope the ladies treatment in this hotel does not affect their perception of galway hospitality and I apologise for their shocking treatment. I would not recommend this hotel for a pet to stay in never mind a human being.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dee L

Dear Dee L.,
I am very disappointed you have posted such a false review. The outline of events in your review are untrue.
Our aim is always to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. If any issues do arise in the Hotel we are more than happy to rectify the situation to the satisfaction of our guests.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

If its a friendly hotel you are looking for do not go here. checked in on the 27/1/12. the games room was a joke, the only thing that did work was the pool table everything else was under lock and key. wasnt even open had to ring reception to have it unlock but they should keep in locked as it is terrible. when we ordered lunch in the bar my daughters food was left on the side of a dirty sink surrounded by dirty cups and cloths then handed to her to eat. after complaining the manager seemed to think it was a joke. After speaking to the general manager about this problem we were told by him our expectations were to high and we were asked to leave the hotel with in the hour. myself, my 5 year old daughter and my friend and her son were put out of the hotel after complaining about basic food hygiene on a cold jan night with no were to go in a strange city. If you are looking for a friendly hotel with clean glasses,cutlery and good food look else were as you will not find it here

15  Thank olive k

Dear Olive K.
I was disappointed you and your friend author of "an honest appraisal" decided not to stay with us on your recent visit to Galway.
Our aim is always to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. If any issues do arise in the Hotel we are more than happy to rectify the situation to the satisfaction of all concerned.
As there are legal proceedings pending I have been advised not to comment any further on the allegations contained in your review.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed three nights in this hotel with my husband and two kids, staffs were very friendly and always ready to help. The food was nice, the rooms were very spacious and kids were able to run around. overall everything was great and will definitely stay there again

2  Thank uche c

Dear uche c,
Thank you for your kind comments contained in your review follow your recent 3 day stay. I am delighted to learn you and your family enjoyed your break for the duration of your stay.
We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Dermot Comerford

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I urge anyone who is considering to stay in this hotel to read this review. Myself, 11yr old son, a friend and her 5yr old daughter checked into the maldron hotel for a weekend break on the 27/01//12. I was informed when I checked in that the kids club was not running therefore most of the games in the gameroom was locked away. The lack of awareness in regards to basic food hygiene in the bar is shocking i.e filthy glasses, cutlery and food left beside a cleaning area. When we complained the deputy manager sneered at me shocked at this response I asked to speak to the general manager, after a discussion he rationalized that our expectations were to high and told us to check out within the hour. So if an expectation of a hotel is friendly staff, clean utensils and food that wont poison you then please look elsewhere. We found that out the hard way. The lack of common courtesy and professionalism never mind the total lack of hygiene has induced me to take legal action against this hotel. Again I urge to please look elsewhere.

17  Thank Jean C

Dear Jean C.
I was disappointed you and your friend author of "never go here" decided not to stay with us on your recent visit to Galway.
Our aim is always to meet and exceed our guests expectations. If any issues do arise in the Hotel we are more than happy to rectify the situation to the satisfaction of all concerned.
Dermot Comeerford,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
4 mi away
#6 of 46 in Galway
Oranmore Lodge Hotel
Oranmore Lodge Hotel
#2 of 5 in Oranmore

Been to Maldron Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!